TMR SXSW Showcase March16th

trickster
Greek Mod

TMR SXSW Showcase March16th

Post by trickster »

The past two years (since we started Third Man Records) we’ve tried to do something extraordinary for Austin TX’s South By Southwest festival. Year One we took over part of our favorite Austin restaurant, FRANK, and brought you Texas Sized vinyl (that’s 13” LPs and 8” 45s) and a one of a kind pop up shop. Year Two we introduced our Rolling Record Store with live performances from Jack White and Seasick Steve.

This year we thought we’d try and do something we’ve never done before at SXSW. A showcase. Yes, we resisted it the first two years, but this year the temptation was just TOO strong. So without any further ado, it is our extreme pleasure to announce The Third Man Records Texas Show Down at The Stage in Austin, TX on March 16th. Featuring your favorite Third Man acts, friends of the label, and bands we just frankly really like that we’d love you to check out.

Our friends over at Nasty Little Man and From The Basement helped us put this whole thing together, and for that we thank them.

The Rolling Record store will also be in Austin again this year; dealing out records, exclusive goods and some brand new SXSW-only Rolling Record Store merchandise. Check the Rolling Record Store twitter account for locations as we move around the city throughout the festival. It’s first appearance will be Wed the 14th.

Third Man Records at SXSW
Texas Showdown
The Stage on 6th
Friday, March 16th First band on at 7:30

Featuring these Third Man recording artists:

JACK WHITE
KAREN ELSON
JOHN REILLY & FRIENDS (FEATURING BECKY STARK & TOM BROSSEAU)
THE BLACK BELLES
PUJOL
LANIE LANE
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: TMR SXSW Showcase March16th

Post by rsimms3 »

I'm interested to hear what types of exclusive merch they sell this year. Where's Kev when you need him......

And the lineup is kick-ass too.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Damnit! I shoulda been off that night but my asshole coworker requested the day off for his birthday (the third time in less than a year) and now I have to cover for him... now I'm really pissed...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

jrfhoutx wrote:Damnit! I shoulda been off that night but my asshole coworker requested the day off for his birthday (the third time in less than a year) and now I have to cover for him... now I'm really pissed...
hes had three birthdays in less than a year? id be pissed too lol more if i was him though, think of how fast hes aging..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:I'm interested to hear what types of exclusive merch they sell this year. Where's Kev when you need him......

And the lineup is kick-ass too.
yes i am very interested in the merch too. maybe we will get a few wonderful swirlers who pick up some extras for some people like last year ;)
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Logo is awesome. Lineup is awesome. More top notch work from TMR. White Rabbits are a great live band. Would be cool if we got a Live at TMR 7" from them out of this.
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

arewhyehen wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote:Damnit! I shoulda been off that night but my asshole coworker requested the day off for his birthday (the third time in less than a year) and now I have to cover for him... now I'm really pissed...
hes had three birthdays in less than a year? id be pissed too lol more if i was him though, think of how fast hes aging..
Yep he's taken off work for his 'birthday' three times in less than a year.

On another note, considering the fact that I now have to work on the day of the TMR Showcase :evil: , I might have a SXSW badge (a presenter's badge) who's use I might be willing to trade to a swirler for use on the day of the showcase...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
magi72009
Little Cream Soda

Post by magi72009 »

hey not sure where else to post this question. but does anyone have an opinion on why the 8' and 13" vinyls aren't as sought after as the other pop up store vinyls? sorry if this is in the wrong place
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

The answer is quite simple. They pressed a LOT
Never trust a hippy
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Will the recordings from this night ever make it to press? This was an amazing night. There has to be some great recordings. The lineup was huge.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

What recordings?.....
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

It was an all TMR produced show. I would only assume they would have the soundboard recordings. Do you think otherwise?
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Although I will say that since it was an official SXSW showcase, if the recordings do exist, there may be additional hurdles to jump through in order to get it pressed.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I think there was probably sound board recordings like there is for every other Jack Show.....don't remember hearing amazing reviews of this show or anything to make it seem like there was more likely to be a release of this over any other show on the tour. Plus with the Live at TMR LP that was pretty similar time period, I think that would be the only early live Solo LP release ...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net