333 ft underground concert

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: 333 ft underground concert

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Anyway, we've sidetracked the conversation about the actual show. Who was there? What was it like? What was your favorite part?
suttree
Little Cream Soda

Post by suttree »

^^i can dig it. To borrow from some obvious jokes Friday night...This thread is definitely a low point in Swirl history. I''m just trying to lighten the mood. Wish there had been beer. I guess their were too many miners.
<JackWhite> suttree: who doesn't love lillie mae?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

suttree wrote:^^i can dig it. To borrow from some obvious jokes Friday night...This thread is definitely a low point in Swirl history. I''m just trying to lighten the mood. Wish there had been beer. I guess their were too many miners.
:clap:
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

It would be real swell if people who felt vested in this site made an effort to not rain on peoples' parades. It's a recent epidemic for people to insist everyone know that they don't care. You don't care? Hush you. Instead, try to remember the time that you gushed over pop-up concerts, rogue runout numbers, and kitschy merch. We've all been a fanboy/girl at some point. Pessimism makes us look old, tired, and unattractive to boot. Want to see more life here? Stop being a buzzkill.

If you went to the concert, YAY! Share away. The stage is yours.
I Don't Care Sendak.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I went to the concert.
I was hoping (not expecting) jack would play.
He didn't.
I still had a good time.
Worth the trip for me for a fun unique show and to catch up with some friends.
Can't wait to see dvd or what ever they do with all the video footage.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

anonymousbrunette wrote:It would be real swell if people who felt vested in this site made an effort to not rain on peoples' parades. It's a recent epidemic for people to insist everyone know that they don't care. You don't care? Hush you. Instead, try to remember the time that you gushed over pop-up concerts, rogue runout numbers, and kitschy merch. We've all been a fanboy/girl at some point. Pessimism makes us look old, tired, and unattractive to boot. Want to see more life here? Stop being a buzzkill.

If you went to the concert, YAY! Share away. The stage is yours.
Well said. I apologize, everyone. I've long been an advocate for not taking away happiness where it's found and it appears that's exactly what I was doing here. In the technicalities of debate it's sometimes easy to go astray.

So, sincerely, my apologies. I'll do better. :)
anonymousbrunette wrote:Instead, try to remember the time that you gushed over pop-up concerts, rogue runout numbers, and kitschy merch. We've all been a fanboy/girl at some point.
I do want to address this point real quick, so I'm not misunderstood. We have all been there, absolutely. I have certainly been there many, many times. But the topic at hand, in my mind, was whether or not some of us would've been there if Third Man wasn't involved. That's all. So, no. If you enjoyed a Third Man event, hallelujah! They're wonderful and they've made music fun again for so many (myself included). I was just weighing in on the debate over whether or not people would've made the effort if Third Man wasn't involved. For fun. On a public forum. I didn't create the debate, I merely participated.

I SINCERELY didn't mean to chase anybody off. I've been an active member here for almost 7 years. I've participated in many events and conversations and I hope I have brought something to the table. I don't accept that I'm the reason people don't come around here. That's on Facebook, not me.

Alright, back to it. Helen, I am sorry if I diminished your experience in any way. I advocate often and loudly (and sometimes at my own peril) that nobody should steal happiness where it's found. I wasn't attacking something you like, that was absolutely not my intention. And if it was taken that way I do apologize.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

You're good Shane. You love this board as much as anyone. It's hardly an issue isolated to this thread.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

anonymousbrunette wrote:You're good Shane. You love this board as much as anyone. It's hardly an issue isolated to this thread.
Thank you for saying so. I do truly enjoy my time here. And I will take more care to not be a buzzkill. It's easy to get lost in debate. And at the end of the day, this is all supposed to be fun. So, in short, I feel like a doof. :)

OK, back to the show.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

I made fun of the Snapchat thing. But ended up going anyway. I'm glad I did, it was fun! That Skedaddle app was awful though. They gave us posters at the end of the night, they're huge! I got to see four really good acts. In a cave. Ha!
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Breaking my silence from lurk-dom to say that I had a great time. Me and some buddies tried to get tickets for the Chattanooga bus, and that bullshit Skedaddle app crashed on all of us. 3 days later I got an email saying that I had a seat, and none of my friends got any emails (which is a little wack considering my buss had easily 20 open seats, I digress). Anyway, the show was amazing. I’ve been out of the TMR loop for about a year due to college, and this was my first introduction to all of the musicians on the stage, and just one after another they blew me away. Granted, I had been up for almost 32 hours straight at that point due to studying for tests and writing papers, so my judgement was delirious at best, but damn if Craig Brown wasn’t Yokam meets Byrne, if Hedley wasn’t the saddest voice to listen to, and a sweet soul to chat with. Margo was unbelievably talented, and that new album had me feeling like I knew the words already. Biggest surprise by far was that Lillie Mae and her band made me move like I was back in the holler. Them folks can play.

Plus free bus fig newtons? One of the greatest shows I’ve seen.