Shabazz Palaces Live - 1/17

HarryLime3
Little Bird

Shabazz Palaces Live - 1/17

Post by HarryLime3 »

Very few records from last year got us as excited about the current state and hopeful for the future state of music as Shabazz Palaces’ Lese Majesty. Easily the most oft-spun record on the Third Man office turntable in the second half of 2014, it was imperative that we bless the beginning of 2015 with a live direct-to-acetate recording from these psychedelic warriors from the Pacific Northwest. Shabazz Palaces' obstinately original oeuvre emanates from a fully formed higher conscious, they plant their flag in the outermost realms of the hip hop global soundscape where vibrations throb into beat-heavy explorations, chrome covered constellations of higher reveries each offering it’s own sonic boom. We couldn’t be more excited to host Shabazz Palaces in our Blue Room transcribing their astral suites direct-to-acetate for a live audience, on Saturday January 17th we all blast off together.
Really dope band, especially live. Definitely not for everybody, but their stuff is at the very least unique. All of which is to say, ISO Shabazz Palaces Black & Blue record.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Re: Shabazz Palaces Live - 1/17

Post by JonnyH »

That's a blue room show that I would LOVE to see.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

I am a HUGE fan of Shabazz.
Rarely do I post an ISO, but I would love to get a hold of this B&B as well. Pretty please.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Hamptonio wrote:I am a HUGE fan of Shabazz.
Rarely do I post an ISO, but I would love to get a hold of this B&B as well. Pretty please.
Get behind me, Satan!
HarryLime3
Little Bird

Post by HarryLime3 »

I'd also like to take this opportunity to raise awareness for their side project Chimurenga Renaissance. Their latest album - "Rize Vadizmu Rize" - is pretty awesome.
The Milkman
Little Cream Soda

Post by The Milkman »

So far looks like I'll be going. Anyone else?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ISO: Jack White/Loretta Lynn Nashville Hatch Show Print Poster. 1/28
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

The Milkman wrote:So far looks like I'll be going. Anyone else?
Got my ticket yesterday
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

I'm in. Stoked to see them in the confines of the Blue Room then June at Bonnaroo.
lacigale
Little Bird

Post by lacigale »

I have a friend who decided she wants to go to the show tonight but she waited too long and now it's sold out.
If anyone has an extra ticket, I'd be happy to purchase it from you.
The Milkman
Little Cream Soda

Post by The Milkman »

Alright got tickets. Feel like junk but I'll be there. Looking forward to it though.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ISO: Jack White/Loretta Lynn Nashville Hatch Show Print Poster. 1/28
westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Post by westnashguy »

The Milkman wrote:So far looks like I'll be going. Anyone else?
I'll be there. Wonder if they'll have any snakes on stage.
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Damn fine show. The sound was amazing, and they played for just about an hour. Ishmael was talking during the reel/lacquer switch about Jack being in the house and how he's done well for himself, and you could tell they loved the whole vibe of the place. The guy who plays the bongos and hi-hat/floor tom combo (Baba?), that guy is freaking talented. The last song they did was a cover of Fell in Love With a Girl, full vocal treatment, but the music was Shabazz Palaces style. I get bored by most emcee based hip-hop in a live setting, where they just push play and it's more about the hype, so anytime you can see it with real instruments/samplers (not to mention real experimentation) is very satisfying. I'm guessing most of the JW crew is in town getting ready for the upcoming shows, so I'd be interested to hear who else may have been milling about. I saw a few photos on Twitter of Daru being there.

They just don't do lackluster shows in the Blue Room. Great time.
westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Post by westnashguy »

ellisintransit wrote:Damn fine show. The sound was amazing, and they played for just about an hour. Ishmael was talking during the reel/lacquer switch about Jack being in the house and how he's done well for himself, and you could tell they loved the whole vibe of the place. The guy who plays the bongos and hi-hat/floor tom combo (Baba?), that guy is freaking talented. The last song they did was a cover of Fell in Love With a Girl, full vocal treatment, but the music was Shabazz Palaces style. I get bored by most emcee based hip-hop in a live setting, where they just push play and it's more about the hype, so anytime you can see it with real instruments/samplers (not to mention real experimentation) is very satisfying. I'm guessing most of the JW crew is in town getting ready for the upcoming shows, so I'd be interested to hear who else may have been milling about. I saw a few photos on Twitter of Daru being there.

Agreed. Shabazz Palace put on an awesome performance. They were great! It was nice of them to come down after the show to meet the crowd. They were so nice.

As for who else was there, I saw Jack White a few times during Coupler's performance. I did see Olivia Jean as well. She was out for basically the last 1/2 of Shabazz Palaces' performance. I was told Brendan Benson walked past me while waiting to pre-order the black/blue vinyl. I only got a quick glance.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

ellisintransit wrote:Damn fine show. The sound was amazing, and they played for just about an hour. Ishmael was talking during the reel/lacquer switch about Jack being in the house and how he's done well for himself, and you could tell they loved the whole vibe of the place. The guy who plays the bongos and hi-hat/floor tom combo (Baba?), that guy is freaking talented. The last song they did was a cover of Fell in Love With a Girl, full vocal treatment, but the music was Shabazz Palaces style. I get bored by most emcee based hip-hop in a live setting, where they just push play and it's more about the hype, so anytime you can see it with real instruments/samplers (not to mention real experimentation) is very satisfying. I'm guessing most of the JW crew is in town getting ready for the upcoming shows, so I'd be interested to hear who else may have been milling about. I saw a few photos on Twitter of Daru being there.

oh man, i'm very jealous.
glad they delivered a memorable one!
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

Holy shit, TMR.