Whirlwind Heat--Record Store Day TMR Release (12 colors!)

oojavaguru
Little Cream Soda

Whirlwind Heat--Record Store Day TMR Release (12 colors!)

Post by oojavaguru »

Just posted on TMR:

For Record Store Day 2014 Third Man is primed to celebrate the 11th anniversary of Do Rabbits Wonder? the debut album by Grand Rapids, Michigan art punks Whirlwind Heat. Produced by Jack White, Rabbits is close to our heart as it was the first non-White Stripes release to carry the Third Man logo, long before Nashville storefronts, "vinyl comeback" and all the other trappings currently attached to this fun little label we've grown. To utilize the album's colorful song titles, Third Man is pulling out all the stops and pressing the LP on 12 different colors of vinyl for Record Store Day, with the standard black-vinyl pressing coming later in the year.

So 12 colors of vinyl eh? TMR Completists are going to have fun tracking all those down...heh.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Whirlwind Heat--Record Store Day TMR Release (12 colors!

Post by Kali Durga »

I want them to re-issue the Pink single with Meg on the sleeve. Or have Meg dressed in a bunny suit at TMR that day.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Kali Durga wrote:I want them to re-issue the Pink single with Meg on the sleeve. Or have Meg dressed in a bunny suit at TMR that day.

Now that you said that, I can see people showing up and waiting in line the day before in bunny costumes. :lol:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Hmmmmmm... I've not listened to much Whirlwind Heat at this point, but I think I may just have to request RSD off from work for a road-trip anyway. And look into the price of renting a bunny suit.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

[ebay]191073853590[/ebay]
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

Is that what your wearing Todd?
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Yes
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ok, now I'm definitely requesting that day off and planning a road-trip.
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Post by Obliquitous »

I think you'll need more coverage in the front for the huge balls easter eggs it requires to wear that. :thumbup:
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
Jimmy the Exploder
Little Bird

Post by Jimmy the Exploder »

but that's all? nothing from the White Stripes? I think this will be the first time there will be nothing of the White Stripes or Jack White and The Dead Weather on Record Store Day, but I also like Whirlwind Heat so ....
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

Post by getbehindmejack »

If this is the only release, then this totally sucks. I do not dig Whirlwind Heat nearly enough to warrant a trip to Nashville. Maybe I dig some of you enough though, :lol: . However, we all know usually TMR announces more as we get closer to RSD, so hopefully that's the case here.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

This sounds promising.
I think that it wont be too difficult to acquire 1 of the colored LPs for people who don't live near the RSD release centers.
Plus, I think they ll definitely re-release the 7"s too.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Wonder what colours these will be.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Bikedo wrote:Wonder what colours these will be.
Same as the tracklisting
Never trust a hippy