Valetine's Day Discount

cwja
Little Ghost

Re: Valetine's Day Discount

Post by cwja »

mojoryan wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
cwja wrote:...TMR cancelled my $250 order over about $15. Completely bush league behavior.
Kinda gotta agree with you on that. If they didn't specify that gift certs weren't included, then they should've just said "Aw shit, we screwed up. Oh well, look at all the orders we're raking in." Instead, they bummed some people out. Little things like this are a reminder that if Jack's name weren't behind this company, folks likely wouldn't be such suckers. Sometimes it feels like they really take that for granted.
I couldn't agree more. And like Chris, I'm still one of those suckers who will still buy from them. We may be giving them too much power if they can essentially keep treating customers like shit, without any recourse. I'm not saying they ONLY treat their customers like shit-hell, they've usually taken good care of me (or at least have tried to), but some of their across the board practices are garbage; case in point-consistently warped records.
Their customer service deficiencies do have an impact though, even on us suckers. My $250 order turned into a $30 order. Even with the additional discount, I'm sure they were still making a profit, so they lost money despite increasing their profit margin on the order I did place. I'm not even going to get started on their ridiculous "make a video and we'll decide if your record is defective enough to warrant a replacement" policy. :crazy:
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

cwja wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
cwja wrote:...TMR cancelled my $250 order over about $15. Completely bush league behavior.
Kinda gotta agree with you on that. If they didn't specify that gift certs weren't included, then they should've just said "Aw shit, we screwed up. Oh well, look at all the orders we're raking in." Instead, they bummed some people out. Little things like this are a reminder that if Jack's name weren't behind this company, folks likely wouldn't be such suckers. Sometimes it feels like they really take that for granted.
I couldn't agree more. And like Chris, I'm still one of those suckers who will still buy from them. We may be giving them too much power if they can essentially keep treating customers like shit, without any recourse. I'm not saying they ONLY treat their customers like shit-hell, they've usually taken good care of me (or at least have tried to), but some of their across the board practices are garbage; case in point-consistently warped records.
Their customer service deficiencies do have an impact though, even on us suckers. My $250 order turned into a $30 order. Even with the additional discount, I'm sure they were still making a profit, so they lost money despite increasing their profit margin on the order I did place. I'm not even going to get started on their ridiculous "make a video and we'll decide if your record is defective enough to warrant a replacement" policy. :crazy:
Yep. Utter crap.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

yep i ordered a 75 dollar gift card while at work just to make sure i got the original discount and i planned to see if there was anything i wanted to buy when i got home and could look a little closer.

instead i didn't get my 75 dollar gift card and they didn't get any order from me. oh well.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Received a response today to my response to their original cancellation message. Basically, they said that, as previously suspected, some people were purchasing gift cards repeatedly to compound the discount and their solution was to cancel all of the orders that involved using the code on gift certificates. They also somewhat accepted responsibility for the error and made an attempt to resolve the issue. While I was not interested in their solution, they at least made an effort.