Valetine's Day Discount

runofthemill
Little Ghost

Re: Valetine's Day Discount

Post by runofthemill »

rsimms3 wrote:
cwja wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Future-proof your discount by purchasing gift certificates. Interested in the Paramount Box O' Wonder and bummed it's not included in the discount? No problem, buy gift certificates at 14% off and apply those to the cost of the box set. Base price would be $344.
You can also purchase the gift cards at 14% off and then, since the codes are emailed to you instantly, go back in the store to purchase anything you want now using the discount code. Basically gets you up to a little over 25% off!
But can I use gift cards to buy gift cards to the power of infinity?
you're gonna break the internet

Also, did you know you can't hide smileys with the spoiler thingy? :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

rsimms3 wrote:
cwja wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Future-proof your discount by purchasing gift certificates. Interested in the Paramount Box O' Wonder and bummed it's not included in the discount? No problem, buy gift certificates at 14% off and apply those to the cost of the box set. Base price would be $344.
You can also purchase the gift cards at 14% off and then, since the codes are emailed to you instantly, go back in the store to purchase anything you want now using the discount code. Basically gets you up to a little over 25% off!
But can I use gift cards to buy gift cards to the power of infinity?
Damn it! Didn't think of that. If you took the time you could basically buy anything you want for $25.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Fixed, no more gift certificate discount although it looks like runofthemill took full advantage of the discount..... ;)
Last edited by rsimms3 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

My order already shipped.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

So did the sale of your email address to the SPAMbot mafia. Muwahahahahaha!
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

They already had it.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Hello,

You purchased a gift card this morning using our Valentine’s promotion. Unfortunately, we cannot honor the gift code issued to you upon purchase. Your gift card purchase as well as any orders placed using the gift card and the “LOVECORRUPTION” coupon code will be canceled and refunded. If you have already received a shipping notification, please disregard the e-mail and tracking code. Your package will not be leaving Third Man headquarters.

While we are happy to offer you 14% off on your purchases for the rest of the day, we are sure you understand the reasons why we cannot process your existing orders. In the future, if you have any questions about acceptable usage of our promotions, please feel free to reach out before placing your order - we are happy to help!

Rebecca
Sure, they're well within their rights to cancel the orders but the tone of the email seems a bit shitty. They should have included gift cards in the list of exclusions.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

They most definitely should have, that's a pretty big faux pas. If the store I work for left out information like that, we would end up honoring those purchases. Most customers do not "understand the reasons why we cannot process your existing orders" when you've left out one of the items that your promotion doesn't apply to. Y'all gotta think of these things, Third Man!!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

there had to be a few assholes who kept buying giftcards with the discount to buy extra, extra discounted merch. probably ruined it for everyone. there's gotta be some line where they would've let the orders go through.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

They should've said before hand that gift cards were excluded. A+ idea to those who came up with it. I think I did the same thing with the Refresh-A-Thon. :)
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Yep, received the same email. Considering that they were offering a 20% in store discount, TMR cancelled my $250 order over about $15. Completely bush league behavior. Of course, I'm the sucker who still purchased two records from them just now.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

cwja wrote:...TMR cancelled my $250 order over about $15. Completely bush league behavior.
Kinda gotta agree with you on that. If they didn't specify that gift certs weren't included, then they should've just said "Aw shit, we screwed up. Oh well, look at all the orders we're raking in." Instead, they bummed some people out. Little things like this are a reminder that if Jack's name weren't behind this company, folks likely wouldn't be such suckers. Sometimes it feels like they really take that for granted.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I couldnt resists and posted a comment on the fb announcement.
Why not 20% to online orders too?
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Kali Durga wrote:
cwja wrote:...TMR cancelled my $250 order over about $15. Completely bush league behavior.
Kinda gotta agree with you on that. If they didn't specify that gift certs weren't included, then they should've just said "Aw shit, we screwed up. Oh well, look at all the orders we're raking in." Instead, they bummed some people out. Little things like this are a reminder that if Jack's name weren't behind this company, folks likely wouldn't be such suckers. Sometimes it feels like they really take that for granted.
I couldn't agree more. And like Chris, I'm still one of those suckers who will still buy from them. We may be giving them too much power if they can essentially keep treating customers like shit, without any recourse. I'm not saying they ONLY treat their customers like shit-hell, they've usually taken good care of me (or at least have tried to), but some of their across the board practices are garbage; case in point-consistently warped records.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

mojoryan wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
I couldn't agree more. And like Chris, I'm still one of those suckers who will still buy from them. We may be giving them too much power if they can essentially keep treating customers like shit, without any recourse. I'm not saying they ONLY treat their customers like shit-hell, they've usually taken good care of me (or at least have tried to), but some of their across the board practices are garbage; case in point-consistently warped records.
They definitely send emails with "tones" to them. I'm sure She gets a ton of emails and deals with a ton of problems. But still, they could do better with their customer interactions for sure.
How about honoring what they post as "sale" items or discounts. Maybe don't send out thin warped records. Then she would not get so many emails.I know the vinyl world is not perfect but they need to replace these missing items or warped records instead of making us send videos and jump through hoops. Accepting returns is what built many stores to be what they are now ... such as Amazon and Walmart for examples. Customer service is very important in the success of a business !!!
I would hate to have her job though. I think she is trying hard !!!
I'm hanging in there but if I get many more warped albums ..... I may not. The problem I have mostly is the thin Live albums. Why not make the black ones 180gm. I've heard they can't do black and blues in 180, not sure if that is true, if so why not just make them blue and do 180, raise the price if you need to. They are my favorite TMR records of all. Oh well, I guess I'm still a sucker like many of us here. I know I'm a little OCD and picky so maybe it's just me, but reading so many post with people with several problems leeds me to think it's not just me !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody