TMR 244 Frank Fairfield

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: TMR 244 Frank Fairfield

Post by Kali Durga »

Just got my shipping confirmation. Time to watch my rekkid go on a USPS road-trip with multiple stops in limbo ;)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This is terrific.

Man, I've missed the Blue Series.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

Kali Durga wrote:This is terrific.

Man, I've missed the Blue Series.
Mine should be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to giving it a spin. I really liked the preview I heard on TMR's website, I've never heard of this guy before. One of the things I miss about the early blue series is just hearing great stuff I'm not familiar with produced by Jack.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

tcricha43 wrote:One of the things I miss about the early blue series is just hearing great stuff I'm not familiar with produced by Jack.
Exactly. Though it's interesting to note that not only is he producing these incognito now, the production credit is not even listed on the sleeve. It's only on the labels of the record.
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

I don't understand why there aren't more people using aliases to put out their work without having to deal with unwanted attention for it.
Slightly off-topic I suppose, but I saw Neutral Milk Hotel last night and surely they've written new material in the ten or so years since In the Aeroplane Over the Sea came out, but Jeff is adamant about there not being a third album... Why not slap a fake name on it and put it out anyway? Sure people will be suspicious but if you deny it what more can the say? How come no one does a new name for every record they do? The work is separate from the individual to a certain degree anyway...

But yes, this blue series I'm very excited about. Haven't ordered it yet I am *that* broke but I can't wait to get it.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

hellosmith wrote:I don't understand why there aren't more people using aliases to put out their work without having to deal with unwanted attention for it. . . . Why not slap a fake name on it and put it out anyway?
Someone will ALWAYS spill a secret. And the more beloved an artist it is, the harder it gets to keep such secrets. Most recent example—J. K. Rowling's pseudonym . . . it was never meant to become common knowledge, at least during her lifetime. She was mighty mighty pissed when the secret came out . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

The Mildred/Karen rumour is great - some people think it's her some people deny it, but it's pretty awesome to wonder!
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
greekfood101
Little Acorn

Post by greekfood101 »

I got this record today and I really like this record! I really want this on tri color.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

hellosmith wrote:I don't understand why there aren't more people using aliases to put out their work without having to deal with unwanted attention for it.
Slightly off-topic I suppose, but I saw Neutral Milk Hotel last night and surely they've written new material in the ten or so years since In the Aeroplane Over the Sea came out, but Jeff is adamant about there not being a third album... Why not slap a fake name on it and put it out anyway? Sure people will be suspicious but if you deny it what more can the say? How come no one does a new name for every record they do? The work is separate from the individual to a certain degree anyway...

But yes, this blue series I'm very excited about. Haven't ordered it yet I am *that* broke but I can't wait to get it.
I have no idea who it is, aside from Frank. .... Here's my cool-kid-card. ;)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Thank you for that ^^
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Looks like the tricolor has a small hole. (tee-hee)
hpratthd
Little Bird

Post by hpratthd »

Anybody out there with a Fairfield tri-color -- is yours by chance missing the jukebox strip? Just picked one up, and mine is : ( I was wondering if maybe the different specs (i.e. small hole) meant they handled this one differently? Or did I just get jipped of a jukebox strip? Appreciate any confirmation...
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Pretty sure I got one with mine