TMR Guitar Buzz Pedal

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: TMR Guitar Buzz Pedal

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I saw someone messing around with it at Third Man when I was there on the 18th. They had a guitar and amp set up with the pedal beside the recording booth. The thing had a solid sound, real good sonic quality. Granted, it wasn't cranked up and I only listened for a minute. But I wouldn't kick it off my board if it somehow made its way into the mix.
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I saw someone messing around with it at Third Man when I was there on the 18th. They had a guitar and amp set up with the pedal beside the recording booth. The thing had a solid sound, real good sonic quality. Granted, it wasn't cranked up and I only listened for a minute. But I wouldn't kick it off my board if it somehow made its way into the mix.
Did you notice if it had a volume kick / boost when you hit it?

Merry xmas swirlville btw!!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

chrono_1980 wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:I saw someone messing around with it at Third Man when I was there on the 18th. They had a guitar and amp set up with the pedal beside the recording booth. The thing had a solid sound, real good sonic quality. Granted, it wasn't cranked up and I only listened for a minute. But I wouldn't kick it off my board if it somehow made its way into the mix.
Did you notice if it had a volume kick / boost when you hit it?

Merry xmas swirlville btw!!
I didn't actually get to mess with it, just watched the kid play. But if there was a volume boost when activated I didn't notice. It seems to go with the volume of the guitar and amp.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

with most of the single knob fuzz pedals the volume is either set right around unity or slightly over
either way they're way more useable than they seem. I rarely mess with the volume knob on any of my fuzz pedals if they're at unity volume or just a bit over
crizeye
Little Bird

Post by crizeye »

My review:

Sounds amazing at high volumes on a clean tube amp. Guitar volume knobs are not as responsive low volume gets really awkward. You got to let this baby rip with all channels open. Batten down and hang on :)

Great automatic feedback-free/pindrop silence properties while muting inbetween notes - perfect for replicating that sound when a killer bumble bee slams into a glass window - then continues on to sting innocent bystanders.

Highly recommend. A work of art. Looking forward to more high quality, boutique guitorgan fun.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

crizeye wrote:My review:

Sounds amazing at high volumes on a clean tube amp. Guitar volume knobs are not as responsive low volume gets really awkward. You got to let this baby rip with all channels open. Batten down and hang on :)

Great automatic feedback-free/pindrop silence properties while muting inbetween notes - perfect for replicating that sound when a killer bumble bee slams into a glass window - then continues on to sting innocent bystanders.

Highly recommend. A work of art. Looking forward to more high quality, boutique guitorgan fun.
This is excellent. I'm assuming the two sound identical(?) Haven't fired mine up yet but its on the list. Aside, we need to make some music.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
jpark09
Little Bird

Post by jpark09 »

I have been on the fence for a while on getting this. Read tons of reviews out there but still am not sure about it being worth $325.

Can someone out there who has had it for a few months tell me if they still use it regularly? Sometimes the novelty of these things wear off and they end up removed from the pedal board forever. Is the sound good and unique enough to justify the money?

Thanks in advance.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

jpark09 wrote:I have been on the fence for a while on getting this. Read tons of reviews out there but still am not sure about it being worth $325.

Can someone out there who has had it for a few months tell me if they still use it regularly? Sometimes the novelty of these things wear off and they end up removed from the pedal board forever. Is the sound good and unique enough to justify the money?

Thanks in advance.
At the moment mine is on display on a shelf. With that being said it sounds great. It really does. I crank my Fender blues Jr. up and will use it every now and then but it is not in my permanent rotation. I'm happy I got one I like to mess around with it every now and then but like I said for me as of right now its just sitting there.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

I don't own one but if you're already set on fuzz pedals I wouldn't buy this unless you're the kind of person who likes fuzz enough to own multiple types that might not be all that sonically different from each other or stay on your pedalboard all the time
jpark09
Little Bird

Post by jpark09 »

Thanks for your replies! Right now I don't have a fuzz pedal per se. I switch between a Boss DS1 and a Tube Screamer depending on which guitars I am using. Sounds interesting enough that I think I will pick one up. Worst comes to worst it will end up in the for sale/trade thread!
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

It really sounds like a damn bumblebee. It's awesome. I love love love playing it with a steel slide on my old Strat. So nice. Buzz buzz buzz buzzzzzzzzz
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

so i was just on Julian Bakers website (the guy who designed the graphics for the pedal) and in the description for his design it says "The Third Man Bumble Buzz
Third Man Records released a very special custom effects pedal with Union Tube & Transistor. The pedal is assembled in a metal case with custom screened graphics on the outside and a custom 'id' plate. If the plate is removed, a secret section of artwork is revealed." has anyone removed the plate to see this? i don't have one or i would do it but can someone post the photo? I'm just interested, thanks!
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

^^ Yep, there is a pick posted somewhere here I believe. Seen it.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

hsp88 wrote:so i was just on Julian Bakers website (the guy who designed the graphics for the pedal) and in the description for his design it says "The Third Man Bumble Buzz
Third Man Records released a very special custom effects pedal with Union Tube & Transistor. The pedal is assembled in a metal case with custom screened graphics on the outside and a custom 'id' plate. If the plate is removed, a secret section of artwork is revealed." has anyone removed the plate to see this? i don't have one or i would do it but can someone post the photo? I'm just interested, thanks!
Is that the same with the Rob Jones one?
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...