TMR Guitar Buzz Pedal

dcmak5
Little Acorn

Re: TMR Guitar Buzz Pedal

Post by dcmak5 »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Black versions are gone. No word on whether they intend on re-ordering.
this is also from thegearpage
I emailed Chris from Union Tube and Transistor this morning, asking if these were going to be run again or were just a "one off" type run, and he responded and said the the limited edition won't be run again, but the black ones likely will be. However, because it's only a two or three man operation and everything is handbuilt/wired, it's going to be a couple of months. He also said that both they and Third man were surprised and did not expect to run through them as quickly as they did.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

300$ is just way to much IMO for one sound with no options for manipulation. the more knobs the better for me, also personally im always trying hard to have a unique individual tone in my playing and this wont help me. its fun to emulate your idols but really where not expanding on music much when we all just try to sound like jack, unplug those digitech wammys people your not doing it any better :lol:
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

hsp88 wrote:300$ is just way to much IMO for one sound with no options for manipulation. the more knobs the better for me, also personally im always trying hard to have a unique individual tone in my playing and this wont help me. its fun to emulate your idols but really where not expanding on music much when we all just try to sound like jack, unplug those digitech wammys people your not doing it any better :lol:
:lol: :lol:
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

hsp88 wrote:300$ is just way to much IMO for one sound with no options for manipulation. the more knobs the better for me, also personally im always trying hard to have a unique individual tone in my playing and this wont help me.
Big +1 from me on this.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Sometimes the Jack White tone is exactly what you need. I'll keep my Big Muff and Digitech Whammy right where they are, thank you very much. But those aren't the only pieces on my board. :)
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

dcmak5 wrote:I emailed Chris from Union Tube and Transistor this morning, asking if these were going to be run again or were just a "one off" type run, and he responded and said the the limited edition won't be run again, but the black ones likely will be. However, because it's only a two or three man operation and everything is handbuilt/wired, it's going to be a couple of months.
Thanks for this!

Haha. Well said, H! But this novelty is fetching to me as I have a thing for bees, RJ, and general TMR quirkiness. $375 fetching? I haven't decided yet. Aside, I'm more hesitant to stomp on the yellow one...
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

hsp88 wrote:300$ is just way to much IMO for one sound with no options for manipulation. the more knobs the better for me, also personally im always trying hard to have a unique individual tone in my playing and this wont help me. its fun to emulate your idols but really where not expanding on music much when we all just try to sound like jack, unplug those digitech wammys people your not doing it any better :lol:
this isn't really a signature jack white guitar pedal... is it?
not saying you've said so, but i've gotten the impression that people view it as so from a lot of posts I've read about this.
I mean he is inevitably associating himself with it, but all I see is a version of the union tube and transistor buzz bomb custom made for third man.

the pedal is specifically in the vein of an octavia, which in most cases has only volume and gain controls. two things that are pre set on the TMR bumble buzz.
presuming that there aren't trim pots inside allowing you to control different aspects of the sound, the idea of pre set "stage level gain/volume" has proven to be popular enough with guitarists that there are a few other knobless fuzzes on the market already. plus this pedal might be reactive with the guitars volume knob, which would make the lack of a gain knob somewhat obsolete

in fact, quoted from thegeapage and regarding the buzz bomb which is the same pedal as the bumble buzz
I was experimenting for an hour the other day with just how my volume knob effects it. Every sound was good and usable, unlike many pedals out there where you have to work to get a good sound from it.
I mean I'm still not going to buy this, but i see nothing wrong with this venture into pedals.

plus i don't think having the TMR bumble buzz, whammy, or big muff has anything to do with whether or not someone sounds original or like they're emulating another guitarist when they pick up an instrument.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
axlklr88
Little Bird

Post by axlklr88 »

I ordered a Vault edition. I know I would regret it if I didn't :/

Also, are these shipping yet? I ordered one (along with some other TMR items) and still haven't received my shipping confirmation. Usually I get one pretty quick..
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

[quote="hsp88"][/quote]

axlklr88
Little Bird

Post by axlklr88 »

dcmak5 wrote:
hsp88 wrote:
?
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

axlklr88 wrote:
dcmak5 wrote:
hsp88 wrote:
?
i'm being a silly asshole
and i was responding to hsp88's pic, but you can't seem to quote attachments
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Best review of the Bumble Buzz yet-- http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicb ... -direction
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Did anyone buy one? Curious to hear a swirl review... The lack of even a volume control kept me away so far...
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I would love to have the wood box it came in. I saw the regular one on display at TMR. I wonder if the fancier one had the same wood box?
If someone wants the pedal but doesn't have enough money I would kick in $50 for the box....
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody