TMR Guitar Buzz Pedal

roxxan23
Little Cream Soda

Re: TMR Guitar Buzz Pedal

Post by roxxan23 »

Got the yellow one! Only found it after seeing the regular black one in the merch area and then at the bottom I saw the yellow one in "related products." I've been looking for it in the vault store, but thankfully I was also checking the other areas.
Jupitious
Little Bird

Post by Jupitious »

$300+ for a fuzz pedal? Fuzz pedals are the easiest/cheapest boutique pedals to produce.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Oh for crying out loud.

Oh well. The majority of my barre's already buzz.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

Jupitious wrote:$300+ for a fuzz pedal? Fuzz pedals are the easiest/cheapest boutique pedals to produce.
+11111111111111111111111111111
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Octave fuzz not as simple but still pretty simple. I prefer the melekko b:assmaster which I've had for bass fuzz for years
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Jupitious wrote:$300+ for a fuzz pedal? Fuzz pedals are the easiest/cheapest boutique pedals to produce.
they are extremely cheap to produce, but i've never understood this argument against anyone charging more.
decent fuzz pedals start at about 25 bucks. so if someone wants to spend the time to build something by hand using quality parts, by all means. they can charge what they want

that's like knocking any guitar priced above a thousand dollars just because there are decent/playable ones priced around 300 dollars.

instrument effects have been severely upcharged for years, just like instruments, it's nothing new
but specifically 300 dollars is a pretty normal price for pretty much any "boutique" effect
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ZVex-Hand-P ... 1827916.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Moog-MF-103 ... 1124931.gc
http://store.strymon.net/el-capistan-dtape-echo/
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Having seen one in person, i can attest that they are beautiful. However, they have no knobs, so all you get is one possible tone out of the bumble buzz. For most players, they probably want something more adjustable.
Hyperbole used for effect!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Is it possible to achieve the tone of the Bumble using a Big Muff in combination with the Digitech Whammy? Or is it more of a distinct tone? I've yet to see a decent demo of this pedal.
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

being a Breaking Bad fiend, the first thing I thought of when I saw this:

was this:

mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

bh1644 wrote:being a Breaking Bad fiend, the first thing I thought of when I saw this:

was this:

+1 Must find drugs.
Hyperbole used for effect!
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Got the Black Bumble Buzz. Could have got the Yellow but was way to much so i went for the cheaper version. and i will most definitely be using this. Wouldn't have bought it just to be a 300+ paper weight.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Getbacktogether wrote:Got the Black Bumble Buzz. Could have got the Yellow but was way to much so i went for the cheaper version. and i will most definitely be using this. Wouldn't have bought it just to be a 300+ paper weight.
Can you record a decent sounding demo of what it can do?
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

bkramer10 wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:Got the Black Bumble Buzz. Could have got the Yellow but was way to much so i went for the cheaper version. and i will most definitely be using this. Wouldn't have bought it just to be a 300+ paper weight.
Can you record a decent sounding demo of what it can do?
Hmmm i guess i might be able to do that! Once it comes in i will let you know im working on it!
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

i visit thegearpage, a guitar forum, and regarding the tmr bumble buzz someone said this:

"The Buzz Bomb and the Bumble Buzz are basically the same pedals. Except, the buzz bomb has a knob and the bumble does not. There are still a few buzz bombs available through their ebay store in case anyone is interested in that sort of thing."
to which someone on the forum who works at union tube & transistor said
"For the record we do not have an eBay store."

http://www.seattleguitarstore.com/union ... tave-fuzz/
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Black versions are gone. No word on whether they intend on re-ordering.

"12/02/2013

VAULT EXCLUSIVE BUMBLE BUZZ PEDAL
Posted by Third Man

ARE WE THE FIRST RECORD LABEL TO RELEASE AN EFFECTS PEDAL?…..PROBABLY.

Perhaps the most exciting thing the musician in your life could find in his or her stocking this year is the Bumble Buzz Guitar Pedal, a buzz pedal made by Union Tube and Transistor and modeled after the pedal they made for Jack White to use while recording "I'm Shakin'." Hand-produced with painstaking attention to detail, this pedal will arrive to its lucky recipient housed in a gorgeous wooden box (which includes custom bandana) and ready to crank out some stinging sounds. Our Vault members have the opportunity to purchase a Vault-exclusive Bumble Buzz guitar pedal in Third Man's signature yellow hue and designed by Rob Jones, which also includes a pretty fly lapel pin. We still have a limited quantity of these exclusive pedals left, since the regular black version has sold out. Bee there or bee square. Get yours HERE.
"
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org