Paramount Record Box Set

PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Re: Paramount Record Box Set

Post by PugFaceRex »

Kali Durga wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I need to pay for my Volume 2. Bought it with PayPal Credit, thinking my tax refund would be more than enough to cover it. Well, the tax refund turned out to be nothin' this year and I gotta come up with $400 by mid-July or pay that ridiculous interest rate. Anyone wanna buy a kayak...?
time for a kickstarter
Wonder if I could get enough through one of those to also put new tires on my car and fix my garbage disposal...
YOLO
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

PugFaceRex wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I need to pay for my Volume 2. Bought it with PayPal Credit, thinking my tax refund would be more than enough to cover it. Well, the tax refund turned out to be nothin' this year and I gotta come up with $400 by mid-July or pay that ridiculous interest rate. Anyone wanna buy a kayak...?
time for a kickstarter
Wonder if I could get enough through one of those to also put new tires on my car and fix my garbage disposal...
YOLO
You really are a child of the internet era, aren't you?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Kali Durga wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:
time for a kickstarter
YOLO
You really are a child of the internet era, aren't you?
I try to remain as hip as can be

edit: and relevant
<BluefordT> jhdb
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

mobay?!
he is everything i hate...
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

elduderino wrote:mobay?!
remember that time you broke your hip crowdsurfing to Jeff the Brotherhood at TMR?
<BluefordT> jhdb
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

PugFaceRex wrote:
elduderino wrote:mobay?!
remember that time you broke your hip crowdsurfing to Jeff the Brotherhood at TMR?
Was that before or after he took a ride through Brentwood in his go-kart?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

Went with Volume 2. Going to eventually get volume one though. Can't wait to dig through it all. It says allow 2 to 4 weeks to recieve it because it's assembled individually and it's at high demand but I can't imagine a lot of people ordering this often so long after releasing it. How quickly did everyone else get there's?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It took a long time for me to get Volume 2, well over a month. I was told that my order was delayed because they were waiting for components from overseas, which gives me the impression that they're making these in small batches rather than producing the full 5,000 and then selling them.
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

Just got mine in today. I can't believe this thing. So much attention to detail. The design is perfect and the music is great. Love the online streamer interface. The hardcover book is beautiful. I'll be spending a lot of time with this. Need to get the volume one.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

leem96 wrote:Just got mine in today. I can't believe this thing. So much attention to detail. The design is perfect and the music is great. Love the online streamer interface. The hardcover book is beautiful. I'll be spending a lot of time with this. Need to get the volume one.
Congratulations on getting it so quickly! I've been dying for people to talk about these sets with. If any particular musicians or songs strike you, or anything in the book, or anything at all, could you please post about it here or message me?
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

Kali Durga wrote:
leem96 wrote:Just got mine in today. I can't believe this thing. So much attention to detail. The design is perfect and the music is great. Love the online streamer interface. The hardcover book is beautiful. I'll be spending a lot of time with this. Need to get the volume one.
Congratulations on getting it so quickly! I've been dying for people to talk about these sets with. If any particular musicians or songs strike you, or anything in the book, or anything at all, could you please post about it here or message me?
Well for starters, the entire design theme is perfect. The hard cover book is really interesting and well written. As far as the music goes I've discovered quite a few so far that I like. The big names like Mississippi Sheiks, Skip James, Blind Lemon etc are all well represented as expected. There are so many more I've yet to get into though. The online player makes it easy to navigate through certain genres and have a bunch of playlists dedicated to certain sounds which makes it much easier to discover what you're particularly interested in. Charlie Spand, Dixie Four and Willie Brown really stood out to me. Theres just so much information and music to sort through still. Like a mini museum. Ill message you when anything stands out to me in the future!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

You're inspiring me to dive back in. Thanks :)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

leem96 wrote:The online player makes it easy to navigate through certain genres and have a bunch of playlists dedicated to certain sounds which makes it much easier to discover what you're particularly interested in.
I've played through all the pre-set playlists for both sets and the thing I love most is just turning on "Paramount Radio" and letting it surprise me with what comes up. And I love the heck out of the graphics of the players. The one for Volume 2 is especially good in that regard. Did you notice the window titles that come up for each section of the site?
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

Kali Durga wrote:
leem96 wrote:The online player makes it easy to navigate through certain genres and have a bunch of playlists dedicated to certain sounds which makes it much easier to discover what you're particularly interested in.
I've played through all the pre-set playlists for both sets and the thing I love most is just turning on "Paramount Radio" and letting it surprise me with what comes up. And I love the heck out of the graphics of the players. The one for Volume 2 is especially good in that regard. Did you notice the window titles that come up for each section of the site?
I did notice that. It's almost like digital versions of the dead wax run outs on all the third man records. Very cool detail
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That's a good way of describing them. I believe all of the runout etchings are quotes from the big book, at least that's what they were in Volume 1. I haven't finished reading the book in Volume 2 yet, but I did come across a couple of those etchings in it.

Also, whenever you do get Volume 1, be sure to look for the easter egg in the on-line player.