Kelley Stoltz - TMR 219

Moller72
Little Ghost

Re: Kelley Stoltz - TMR 219

Post by Moller72 »

Grimtale wrote:Really glad I stashed away some pretty rare Kelley stuff a while back when collecting cass stuff.
Blackwell has a whole stack of those hand painted covers, good luck trying to get one off of him...
Grim
Which one was hand painted the solo one or the split with the dirtbombs and do you have pictures.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Moller72 wrote:
Grimtale wrote:Really glad I stashed away some pretty rare Kelley stuff a while back when collecting cass stuff.
Blackwell has a whole stack of those hand painted covers, good luck trying to get one off of him...
Grim
Which one was hand painted the solo one or the split with the dirtbombs and do you have pictures.
The split is stamped, his solo LP is hand painted (see the above posted ebay listing.)
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

Stl_ben wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
Grim
The split is stamped, his solo LP is hand painted (see the above posted ebay listing.)
Antique Glow
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I listened to the sample that TMR posted but it just didn't grab me. If I wanted to get a better feel for this guy's music, what should I check out?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

Stl_ben wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
Grim
When you are on an iPad all there is is a blank spot so I could not see anything.
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Moller72 wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
Grim
When you are on an iPad all there is is a blank spot so I could not see anything.
Get a nexus 7!
Mark
I am everything you hate...
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Grimtale wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
Moller72 wrote:
Grim
Get a nexus 7!
Mark
Get a Surface!
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Kali Durga wrote:I listened to the sample that TMR posted but it just didn't grab me. If I wanted to get a better feel for this guy's music, what should I check out?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

achouza wrote:
Grimtale wrote: Get a nexus 7!
Mark
Get a Surface!
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Kali Durga wrote:I listened to the sample that TMR posted but it just didn't grab me. If I wanted to get a better feel for this guy's music, what should I check out?
If you dont like these he may not be for you. Huge Ian McCulloch, Julian Cope influence in his style, in fact most late 70's Liverpool Zoo artists (no bad thing IMO). He completely re recorded the first two Bunnymen albums as a tribute, Crocodials (sic) is available pretty widely, I got Heaven up Here from a gig years back and not really seen that as widely available. Hoping for the best non live/vault/reissue release since Blunderbuss and Kelley usually delivers.

Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Thanks, I'll check those out when I get home from work.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Will this make Kelley the first artist to release original music on Sub-Pop, Cass, and TMR under his own name?
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
subpopfan1
Pinball Wizard

Post by subpopfan1 »

flattop2001 wrote:Will this make Kelley the first artist to release original music on Sub-Pop, Cass, and TMR under his own name?
not sure what you mean by "original music" but the white stripes definitely released on all three labels first
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

subpopfan1 wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:Will this make Kelley the first artist to release original music on Sub-Pop, Cass, and TMR under his own name?
not sure what you mean by "original music" but the white stripes definitely released on all three labels first
TWS was a cover version release on Sub Pop so not what I would strictly call original but I would be splitting hairs. Can you give the scoop on TWS record on Cass?
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

flattop2001 wrote:Can you give the scoop on TWS record on Cass?
I think Ben might be referring to the super-ultra-limited special pressing of the first WS show, pressed for Jack and Meg . . . pretty sure that might have been a Cass . . . ?
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."