The Haden Triplets

AJ123
Little Ghost

The Haden Triplets

Post by AJ123 »

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/haden-t ... ords.shtml

I was browsing and saw this release available for pre order on several websites including Shop Radio Cast and Amazon.
Anyone heard anything about this?

Heres the info about the release copied from Sound Stage Direct

"Third Man Records is proud to present the debut album from The Haden Triplets. These are songs steeped in history and sung in a close harmony that could only be achieved from sharing a lifetime of sisterly togetherness and a near psychic vocal interplay that can only come from being born mere seconds apart from each other. It’s been rendered and produced beautifully by American music legend Ry Cooder.
This is an album expanding on an American musical tradition. It is not pastiche or a tribute, but rather a direct antecedent and extension of the original folk legacy that is being exhibited within these songs.

Here’s a little more about it in the Haden’s own words.

During our early life, we were surrounded by music on both sides of our family. We visited our dad’s family in Missouri, where they taught us old country songs they used to perform on the radio as The Haden Family. Our grandparents on our mother’s side used to sing us to sleep with old Yiddish songs. Growing up, we often had music playing in the house, whether it be our mom playing Billie Holiday and Nina Simone records, or our dad playing Keith Jarrett and Ornette Coleman in the living room.

We met Ry when we played with his son Joachim, and Joachim asked him if he’d sit in for our show. Once Ry heard we were singing “Voice From On High” by Bill Monroe, he was in right away. The next day we got a call from Ry suggesting we record an album. We wrote down a collection of songs we all liked, then narrowed it down to the music that became the Haden Triplets album. These songs are rich in history, and by recording them we hope to help keep them alive. – Tanya, Rachel & Petra Haden

Produced by Ry Cooder (Buena Vista Social Club, Captain Beefheart’s Magic Band, Paris, Texas)and mixed by Martin Pradler (Robbie Robertson, Mavis Staples, Buddy Guy)"
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Re: The Haden Triplets

Post by jrfhoutx »

Interesting. If it actually is a TMR release, someone's probably going to catch some flak for letting the cat out of the bag early on this one... And if it is a TMR production, glad to see them signing some more artists...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Heres a couple more pre order links
http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/T ... ts-LP.html
http://www.amazon.com/Haden-Triplets/dp ... n+triplets

Its supposedly due for release on Aug. 20
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Oh man! I've loved the Haden sisters forever. I first saw That Dog in 1994 open for Weezer and I was instantly hooked.

I've seen Petra play with The Decemberists a few times, and this a capella Petra Haden album is pretty cool: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petra_Hade ... o_Sell_Out
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

AJ123 wrote:Heres a couple more pre order links
http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/T ... ts-LP.html

Its supposedly due for release on Aug. 20
The Shopradiocast listing has this as the tracklist:
Track Listing:

Slowly I'm Falling
Single Girl, Married Girl
Voice from on High
Memories of Mother and Dad
Raining
Making Believe
When I Stop Dreaming
My Baby's Gone
Billy Bee
A Tiny Broken Heart
On a Lonesome Night
Will You Miss Me When I'm Gone?
Oh Take Me Back
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

I think its legit. We'll probably see an announcement in the next day or two since its already up for pre order.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

This sounds like a very promising release.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

One of them is married to Jack Black and has recorded with Beck so certainly a few links.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Finally a solid Jack White/Black link
Never trust a hippy
jbharris76
Little Cream Soda

Post by jbharris76 »

dmdv1 wrote:Finally a solid Jack White/Black link
Oh, can you imagine the "shenanigans" that could follow with this combo?! Ha! Jack and JACK.

HighLarious

When Willie Nelson comes calling: a need for a place to throw his own 80th birthday party? Who is it that has the perfect spot and is willing to change everything up within the building to make happen????? Answer? 3 guesses. Ok, a freebie: Jack White III

One of the better nights in country music history? I would say so. The Highwaymen would be approve, which to me, is the ultimate seal of approval.

I'm so happy and proud of TMR and all of their accomplishments. The amount of work that must go into such adventures and partnerships is beyond my realm of comprehension. I've never seen such *true devotion* and/or focus like Jack has shown (it's fierce, in all the best ways), and that's going all the way back to the beginning of Blunderbuss (or you can say the White STripes for that matter)!!! Anyone still reading, I don't have any secrets or anything other than pure love for the music and people involved, but I will continue for a moment. These are some special people involved in this process (TMR stafff - wow!), with the shining star never stealing the show. That's an AMAZING quality, and one we should all take a bit of influence from. Humility, a very difficult quality for the most down to earth person, much less a rock star. To find the two in unison is what makes a legend. A living legend. Flesh and blood. The 7th son

Don't look forward. Don't look back. Just pay attention!!!

We're watching a legend live, and live happily. A man appreciated in his own time. Rare beyond belief. So, my advice:

Soak it up. Be happy. ((((((((((LISTEN))))))))) as these vibrations create history. We can all ponder the ins/outs of collecting and/or secrets of TMR on down the road. For now, LIVE IN THE MOMENT. WE. ARE. LUCKY.

Thanks to anyone that made it this far. If you like hand blown glass, contact me, I am a glass blower. Some call it 'shameless', but I have no problem self promoting.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

jbharris76 wrote:We're watching a legend live, and live happily. A man appreciated in his own time. Rare beyond belief. So, my advice:

Soak it up. Be happy. ((((((((((LISTEN))))))))) as these vibrations create history. We can all ponder the ins/outs of collecting and/or secrets of TMR on down the road. For now, LIVE IN THE MOMENT. WE. ARE. LUCKY.
I don't know anything about the Haden Triplets (yet), but had to add-- You nailed it. +1 from here to eternity.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Kali Durga wrote:
jbharris76 wrote:We're watching a legend live, and live happily. A man appreciated in his own time. Rare beyond belief. So, my advice:

I don't know anything about the Haden Triplets (yet), but had to add-- You nailed it. +1 from here to eternity.
I'll second Kali's sentiment. Couldn't agree more!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

According to amazon the release got pushed back to February 2014
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

From the Vault:
The Haden Triplets' debut album is out February 3rd
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

TMR-209

Third Man Records is proud to present the debut album from The Haden Triplets, daughters of Jazz bass legend Charlie Haden. These are songs steeped in history and sung in a close harmony that could only be achieved from sharing a lifetime of sisterly togetherness and a near psychic vocal interplay that can only come from being born mere seconds apart from each other. It's been rendered and produced beautifully by American music legend Ry Cooder. This is an album expanding on an American musical tradition. It is not pastiche or a tribute, but rather a direct antecedent and extension of the original folk legacy that is being exhibited within these songs. Here's a little more about it in the Hadens' own words:

During our early life, we were surrounded by music on both sides of our family. We visited our dad's family in Springfield, Missouri, where they taught us old country songs they used to perform on the radio as The Haden Family. Our grandparents on our mother's side used to sing us to sleep with old Yiddish songs. Growing up, we often had music playing in the house, whether it be our mom playing Billie Holiday and Nina Simone records, or our dad playing Keith Jarrett and Ornette Coleman in the living room.

We met Ry when we played with his son Joachim, and Joachim asked him if he'd sit in for our show. Once Ry heard we were singing "Voice From On High" by Bill Monroe, he was in right away. The next day we got a call from Ry suggesting we record an album. We wrote down a collection of songs we all liked, then narrowed it down to the music that became the Haden Triplets album. These songs are rich in history, and by recording them we hope to help keep them alive. - Tanya, Rachel & Petra Haden

Tracklist:
1. Slowly
2. Single Girl, Married Girl
3. Voice from On High
4. Memories of Mother and Dad
5. Raining Raining
6. Making Believe
7. When I Stop Dreaming
8. My Baby's Gone
9. Billy Bee
10. Tiny Broken Heart
11. Lonesome Night