Re: The Dough Rollers TMR-216

Post by tanzaib »

dmdv1 wrote:
trickster wrote:I picked up mine today.
It feels good to have a tri that was acquired without paying a lot of money
Isn't $25 a weeks wages in Greece?
No i think it's a months
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

dmdv1 wrote:
I charged your credit card
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

tanzaib wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
No i think it's a months
I assumed the German's bought it for him.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

trickster wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
I charged your credit card
So yr real name is fraudster
Never trust a hippy
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

"The Dough Rollers new EP will be released sometime this spring via on Third Man Records."
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

RSD with a show from them as well?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Jack would probably have an aneurysm if he read what I'm about to type, but I didn't buy their Blue Series because it sounded too much like the Black Keys for my tastes. Has anyone listened to the track at Rolling Stone yet? (I can't at the moment 'cause I'm at work)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Have you ever even heard the Black Keys? Doesn't sound like them at all.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yes, sweetheart, I have heard the Black Keys. Once upon a time, I even owned a couple of their records. Y'know how some bands just create a certain overall tone in your head and sometimes other bands that might not sound like them specifically will fall under that tone with which you perceive the other band? It's kind of like the difference between the denotation and the connotations of words. When I heard Gary Clarke Jr., my brain said "Black Keys". When I heard the Dough Rollers, my brain said "Black Keys". They may not make exactly similar music, but something about them has the same connotation for me.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I'd love to give my opinions on the denotation and connotation of your use of the word "sweetheart" above . . . :silent:

:shifty:

:shh:
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Que?
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

They're single was meh. :yawn: There are so many other fucking awesome bands right now from so many great labels... these guys don't do to me quite was Ty Segall or Natural Child can do just to mention 2 out of the crazy amounts of bands I'm into these days. But that said, I would not mind investing some time watching these guys OPEN FOR SOME JACK WHITE SHOWS OR something like that... :roll:
Stay Gold
Little Bird

Post by Stay Gold »

Kali Durga wrote:Jack would probably have an aneurysm if he read what I'm about to type, but I didn't buy their Blue Series because it sounded too much like the Black Keys for my tastes. Has anyone listened to the track at Rolling Stone yet? (I can't at the moment 'cause I'm at work)
Really? where on earth do you hear the black keys in the Dough Rollers? Its alright if you're not into them, but I think that black keys statement is way off. Gary Clark Jr and Auerbach have that same tone, but I don't hear that in the Dough Rollers. And if its not the music that makes them "too much like the Black Keys for your taste" then what is it? they're a four piece band, different sound, different vocals, etc etc..
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I don't know, it was an entirely subjective impression. Maybe it's been too long since I listened to the Black Keys, but when I listened to the clips of the Dough Rollers Blue Series it just struck me as the same sort of over-polished blues/r&b sound. And all I'm basing this on is their Blue Series, because that didn't impress me enough to check out any of their other tunes so I'm not talking about their music in general. Which is why I'm curious about people's impressions of the tune at Rolling Stone.