The Dough Rollers TMR-216

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

The Dough Rollers TMR-216

Post by rsimms3 »

Our Blue Series of 7"s continues it's stampede over the music industry on July 9th with a staggering entry from Los Angeles' angels with dirty faces, The Dough Rollers. Featuring an expanded and electrified line-up, Malcolm Ford (vox, guitar) and Jack Byrne (guitar) are now joined by Josh Barocas and Kyle Olson on bass and drums, respectively. Their Third Man Blue Series is the inaugural voyage for the new line up, and what a debutante party it is...

The invigorated power quatro blasted by Third Man a couple months back and dropped two perfectly formed slabs of American blues rock on us… "Little Lily" is an inner ear explosion with the energy and tension of a train rolling off the rails and the rails are Malcolm's pleading whiskey damaged vocals. Continuing with this brilliant outmoded forms of transportation as music metaphor, "The Sailing Song" rolls along with high seas majesty, The Dough Rollers as drunken shipmates and Jack Bryne's solo is a bottle of rum smashed on the rocks. The boat never sinks though, cause this shit isn't a boat after all but a freaking life raft. So get on board and let the Dough Rollers pillage your village!

The A side premiered on Noisey today, Pre-sales are available now, and the release will officially be available in stores and on iTunes July 9th. Stay tuned to this Bat Channel for more news and information on The Dough Rollers!
ImageImage
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Re: The Dough Rollers TMR-216

Post by Jettkoral »

Sweet!!
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

All these new releases are cool but they are impossible to keep up with unless everything I buy is from TMR. :(
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

AJ123 wrote:All these new releases are cool but they are impossible to keep up with unless everything I buy is from TMR. :(
Agreed lol
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

If they sell the tri in LA on release day I'll be a giddy goose.
ericlb75
Little Cream Soda

Post by ericlb75 »

Jamie wrote:If they sell the tri in LA on release day I'll be a giddy goose.
Me too! Cough, I think I feel a cold coming on now, cough.
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

I want a tri of this one. Badly.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Very nice. It will be my first blue serie. :)
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

ericlb75 wrote:
Jamie wrote:If they sell the tri in LA on release day I'll be a giddy goose.
Me too! Cough, I think I feel a cold coming on now, cough.
i'm actually quite ill right now so bring on the release day... i'll post up early......not like i can keep track of time with my delirium anyways....
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I've listened to the soundclip at TMR.com and I can't decide whether I like these guys or not. If I wanted to check out something else by them to help decide whether or not to get this Blue Series, what would folks recommend?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Anyone pre order this one?
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

maxman142001 wrote:Anyone pre order this one?
I did. I got shipping confirmation yesterday.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

This arrived today. Listen and see if you agree but I think the B-side has definite shades of mid-era solo McCartney. The A-side was just OK for me (except the chorus, which was great) but the B-side clinched it. Good stuff.

EDIT: Actually it's been brought to my attention my A-side plays "The Sailing Song" and my B-side plays "Little Lily". "Little Lily" has the shades of McCartney, in my opinion.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Anyone else have a mislabeled copy?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

AJ123 wrote:All these new releases are cool but they are impossible to keep up with unless everything I buy is from TMR. :(
I've been buying every 7" TMR release for a long time now, one-at-a-timing. I have them all except for some of the ultra exclusive ones (I Feel Strange, for one). Of course, I don't have all the tri's. But I do have the standard releases.