TMR Live to Acetate - The Kills, Shins & Seasick Steve

anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Wooo!

"The Third Man Records Lathe room in all its groove-carving beauty, featuring Seasick Steve.

We are so pleased that the day has come that we can announce the June 25th release of three very special live records — The Shins, The Kills, and Seasick Steve — all recorded in the Third Man Blue Room last October, and our first three releases recorded live using our one-of-a-kind direct-to-acetate recording process. Without overdubs or editing, these three records were mixed in real time on a Rupert Neve 5008 console by Grammy Award winning engineer Vance Powell, and instantly cut to vinyl by master cutter George Ingram using a 1953 Scully Lathe that previously churned out masters for Cincinnati's legendary King Records (the story goes that James Brown's It's A Man's World was cut on this lathe among many more great sides..). Third Man is the only live venue in the world where artists can record their performance direct-to-acetate, and after these first three releases, we have many more of their kind coming down the pipeline.

We believe that this new/old method of recording is as honest as it gets, bringing listeners as close to the experience of the performance as possible (of course, that is until our team of talented engineers and tinkerers manage to gather all the necessary parts to get our time machine and teletransporter back up and running.)

The Shins, The Kills and Seasick Steve Live at Third Man 12" records will be available June 25th individually or as a bundle (North America-only) on our website (http://thirdmanstore.com) and at Third Man Records in Nashville, TN, with online pre-orders starting now. Black & blue split-color records, available only to those who attended the corresponding show and pre-ordered at the time will be available for pick-up at our Nashville store beginning on release date.

Rocktober Direct-to-Acetate Bundle: http://thirdmanstore.com/rocktober-dire ... ate-bundle

The Shins: http://thirdmanstore.com/the-shins-live ... an-records

The Kills: http://thirdmanstore.com/the-kills-live ... an-records

Seasick Steve: http://thirdmanstore.com/seasick-steve- ... an-records"
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
rival
Little Ghost

Re: TMR Live to Acetate - The Kills, Shins & Seasick Steve

Post by rival »

Very, very cool. But I told myself that much like posters, I'm only buying black ad blues for shows I attend. I can't afford to get everything. Although I bet that Shins will sound very, very cool...so will the others, no doubt.
Last edited by rival on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

anonymousbrunette wrote:...(of course, that is until our team of talented engineers and tinkerers manage to gather all the necessary parts to get our time machine and teletransporter back up and running.)...
Don't forget the cloning machine, y'all.

Dammit, I just wanna live there, be there for everything and suck up all the fantastic vibes of that place. Think they'd notice if I put up a cardboard box in the corner of the patio area near the bbq grill and moved in?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Love the lab coats.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I wonder why the bundle is America only? It's not like I can't just order all three individually at the same time.
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

I don't see any mention of these being limited quantity, unless I missed it.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

mushmouth wrote:I don't see any mention of these being limited quantity, unless I missed it.

Only limited aspect is the black and blues for attendees. As is all live albums they release. The black ones will be unlimited.
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

Whoa, I'm digging the new sleeves!
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

So if u just order the bundle, you're not getting the blue and black?
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

mushmouth wrote:So if u just order the bundle, you're not getting the blue and black?

Ummm...no. Only people who went to the show get those.
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

curseofhalos wrote:
mushmouth wrote:So if u just order the bundle, you're not getting the blue and black?

Ummm...no. Only people who went to the show get those.
I had to read it twice. Got too excited. Lol
Littlema
Little Cream Soda

Post by Littlema »

Jamie wrote:I wonder why the bundle is America only? It's not like I can't just order all three individually at the same time.
Apparently it's because of the Seasick Steve one, it's available for America only, so the bundle is too :(
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Oh yeah, didn't notice that. It must have something to do with the fact that he's signed with PIAS over here, I guess it wasn't just a one album deal for Old Dog.
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

still waiting for King Tuff which was LAST JULY! ugh
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

How was the King Tuff show? I was talking to somebody when he played Palm Springs who was also at the TMR show, asked about it and his comment was "He stunk the place out, worst show I've seen him play" he didn't seem to be joking.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.