White Swirl Record Booth Artists/TMR Record Booth

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: TMR Record Booth/ White Swirlers Record Booth Artists

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I wanted to record 3. Brought money for it and everything. But it was just too crowded in the store. Hard to maneuver. I'm going back on an off day.

Funny story, when I came out of the booth I was approached by a guy who was going to make a record proposing to his fiance. He wanted to do the proposal, come out of the booth and have me jump in and record a song for the remainder of time. Of course I couldn't say no. The trade-off went smoother than we expected. Now that record is out there somewhere, I'll never see it again. Didn't catch his name, didn't give him mine. Third Man rules.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I wanted to record 3. Brought money for it and everything. But it was just too crowded in the store. Hard to maneuver. I'm going back on an off day.

Funny story, when I came out of the booth I was approached by a guy who was going to make a record proposing to his fiance. He wanted to do the proposal, come out of the booth and have me jump in and record a song for the remainder of time. Of course I couldn't say no. The trade-off went smoother than we expected. Now that record is out there somewhere, I'll never see it again. Didn't catch his name, didn't give him mine. Third Man rules.
Awesome!
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

runofthemill wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:I wanted to record 3. Brought money for it and everything. But it was just too crowded in the store. Hard to maneuver. I'm going back on an off day.

Awesome!
That is sooo brilliant
Never trust a hippy
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

OK, I knew something was off about this recording and while making a video today I discovered the problem. While I was recording the booth was around 20 seconds ahead of the countdown, meaning the recording stopped when I had around 20 seconds left. That means it was spinning too fast when recording. That also means normal playback is slow, lower pitched and draggy. Making this video, I'm speeding it up to the proper speed and now it sounds right. I'll upload the corrected speed to Soundcloud in a bit for our archives here.

:)
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Here we go. Not the best in the world but I've been wanting someone to make a video like this (with their record booth record spinning). I'd like to see similar videos from the rest of you!

The Milkman
Little Cream Soda

Post by The Milkman »

Sounds great Shane!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ISO: Jack White/Loretta Lynn Nashville Hatch Show Print Poster. 1/28
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

That sounds awesome Shane! Hearing how good that was, makes me certain I'll never record in the booth. At least not something musical.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Here we go. Not the best in the world but I've been wanting someone to make a video like this (with their record booth record spinning). I'd like to see similar videos from the rest of you!

Well done !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

That's beautiful, Shane. Nice little video, too.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

My brother got in touch with me and asked me what I was doing for our Ma for Mothers day. I gave it some thought on my way to work and decided I would take a day off Friday and make her a spoken word record (I wasn't gifted with musical abilities)down at TMR. My question to y'all is anybody have any suggestions to a poem that would make sense for Mothers day? I thought of a bible verse Proverbs 31:25-30 since she is more by the book than me. But any suggestions are appreciated.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

littleacorn wrote:My brother got in touch with me and asked me what I was doing for our Ma for Mothers day. I gave it some thought on my way to work and decided I would take a day off Friday and make her a spoken word record (I wasn't gifted with musical abilities)down at TMR. My question to y'all is anybody have any suggestions to a poem that would make sense for Mothers day? I thought of a bible verse Proverbs 31:25-30 since she is more by the book than me. But any suggestions are appreciated.
better call beforehand and make sure the machine is up and running.
but i don't know. i would just recite R.Kelley's Igition(Remix)
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

PugFaceRex wrote:
littleacorn wrote:My brother got in touch with me and asked me what I was doing for our Ma for Mothers day. I gave it some thought on my way to work and decided I would take a day off Friday and make her a spoken word record (I wasn't gifted with musical abilities)down at TMR. My question to y'all is anybody have any suggestions to a poem that would make sense for Mothers day? I thought of a bible verse Proverbs 31:25-30 since she is more by the book than me. But any suggestions are appreciated.
:lol: Ya I was definitely going to call ahead of time so I don't make the 6hr trip down there to find out Neil Young is making a follow up already. :D
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

littleacorn wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:
:lol: Ya I was definitely going to call ahead of time so I don't make the 6hr trip down there to find out Neil Young is making a follow up already. :D
If you drive 6 hours and find that out, please let me know, because I will drive the 14 hours to come see that...
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

arewhyehen wrote:
littleacorn wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:
If you drive 6 hours and find that out, please let me know, because I will drive the 14 hours to come see that...
If it all works out and you get the spoken poem recorded get it on the computer and get White Swirl catalogue number 7. And if any one else has recorded but not been added just PM me! even if you don't have it so we can hear it at least we can get you on our catalogue. Was hoping we would have more by now and thanks to everyone who has contributed!
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

I recorded 3 last year
Never trust a hippy