White Swirl Record Booth Artists/TMR Record Booth

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: TMR Record Booth/ White Swirlers Record Booth Artists

Post by rsimms3 »

Getbacktogether wrote:Any one know the date the Willie Nelson record booth was recorded? I think it was in April but idk the date.
Check TMR.com, it was one of the two days the week of RSD where they were closed for "inventory count".
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

rsimms3 wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:Any one know the date the Willie Nelson record booth was recorded? I think it was in April but idk the date.
Check TMR.com, it was one of the two days the week of RSD where they were closed for "inventory count".
Ahhh Yes i remember that now lol. Thanks!
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Was at TMR on the 14th and 15th and they said they were out of records for it:( my heart was broken...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Apparently Dominic's been busy in the record booth with Drake Bell-- http://ink361.com/app/#/photo/515906418 ... _182510900

"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

Kali Durga wrote:Apparently Dominic's been busy in the record booth with Drake Bell-- http://ink361.com/app/#/photo/515906418 ... _182510900

Its the Drake.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Any swirlers do a TMR record booth recording lately?
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I'm doing one for sure if it's operational on October 21.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Getbacktogether wrote:Any swirlers do a TMR record booth recording lately?
The Third Man Record Booth is currently being serviced and unfortunately will not be available for recordings in the shop for the next few weeks. We hope that you will save your auditory ditties and aural masterpieces for when the booth returns to peak performance, and we look forward to your next visit to the Novelties Lounge... Our apologies for any inconvenience!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Stl_ben wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:Any swirlers do a TMR record booth recording lately?
The Third Man Record Booth is currently being serviced and unfortunately will not be available for recordings in the shop for the next few weeks. We hope that you will save your auditory ditties and aural masterpieces for when the booth returns to peak performance, and we look forward to your next visit to the Novelties Lounge... Our apologies for any inconvenience!
Sorry....... Have any swirlers done any TMR record booth recordings that have not been added. Thanks!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I did a recording yesterday, I would love a Swirl catalog number. :)

This is:

Shane Devon
"Bluebird Fly Away" (Ray Neff)
Recorded on 12/18/13

https://soundcloud.com/shane-devon/bluebird-fly-away
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

By the way, that booth was as tall as me and as wide as me. Could barely fit through the door, let alone fit through the door with a guitar. Tight squeeze. And when it says you have 45 seconds left you really only have around 10. haha
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I did a recording yesterday, I would love a Swirl catalog number. :)

This is:

Shane Devon
"Bluebird Fly Away" (Ray Neff)
Recorded on 12/18/13

https://soundcloud.com/shane-devon/bluebird-fly-away

AWESOME!!! I can't wait to bust mine out. Laura and I recorded separately and are gonna bust them open on our 1st wedding anniversary. So I'll post a clip of mine hopefully after that. ;)
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Cool of you to post that Shane. Great fun.
curseofhalos wrote: AWESOME!!! I can't wait to bust mine out. Laura and I recorded separately and are gonna bust them open on our 1st wedding anniversary. So I'll post a clip of mine hopefully after that. ;)
THIS ^^^ tickled me. Took some photos for a guy who was recording a record for his wife back in Canada. He was quite giddy over the whole idea. Kinda epitomizes the mood in the store. Perhaps why no one ever wants to leave. I toyed around with the new pedal and made two botched recordings. But now I have something down on a clear 6" so I'm pretty happy.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

anonymousbrunette wrote:...Kinda epitomizes the mood in the store. Perhaps why no one ever wants to leave.
I wish I had a recording not of my record booth recording, but of what happened as I listened to the playback. I almost collapsed on the floor of the booth in a fit of giggling. Would have paid another $15 just to have had that part of the experience again.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:By the way, that booth was as tall as me and as wide as me. Could barely fit through the door, let alone fit through the door with a guitar. Tight squeeze. And when it says you have 45 seconds left you really only have around 10. haha
It really is a tight squeeze and also gets pretty hot in there especially when you record 3 in a row!
Never trust a hippy