White Swirl Record Booth Artists/TMR Record Booth

Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

White Swirl Record Booth Artists/TMR Record Booth

Post by Getbacktogether »

I know there has been a Record Booth topic already made. But with the talk going on in the Vault 17 topic i think we should start one solely for Artists/ Swirles that have recorded in it. So if we get some Swirlers that have recorded and they have the ability to upload them for us to all hear maybe we could get a White Swirl- TMR recording artist list going. I understand this will take some time since not all Swirlers are able to make it there to record and also not all Swirlers might not be able to rip vinyl but we got to get this started. Even if its just a Swirler talking and not recording a song i think this has to get started. All great things come with time. So here we go!
Last edited by Getbacktogether on Fri May 09, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Re: Record Booth TMR .333

Brendon Benson- Record Both Track, for the announcement of the Record Both, 4-16-13
Brendon TMRRB.jpg
Jack White- Coal Miners Daughter Cover, 4-20-13
Jack TMRRB.jpg
Neil Young- RSD Track, 4-20-13
Neil Y TMRRB.jpg
Pokey Lafarge- TMR Show Track, 6-1-13
Pokey TMRRB.jpg
Dan Boeckner(of Divine FIts)- Guided by Voices Cover,6-17-13
Dan TMRRB.jpg
Shooter Jennings & Misty- Unknown Track, 6-20-13
Shooter TMRRB.jpg
Willie Nelson and Jack White- Red Headed Stranger,4-17/18-13
Willie TMRRB.jpg
Drake Bell & Dominic Davis- Unknown Track, 8-5-13
DrakeTMRRB.jpg
Steve Turner(of Mudhoney)- Unknown Track, 9-26-13
SteveTMRRB.jpg
Weezer- Susanne, 4-6-14
WeezerTMRRB.png
White Swirler Catalog:

Swirl Name- hellosmith (given to a_fiendish_thingy)
Band- Joel
Track- Bow Down & Diehttps://soundcloud.com/a_fiendish_thing ... ie/s-opnxN
Date- 4-20-13
Catalog Number- W.S.001

Swirl Name- anonymousbrunette
Band- Ara
Track-I Don't Want To Live On The Moonhttps://soundcloud.com/anonymousbrunett ... ive-on-the
Date- 4-20-13
Catalog Number- W.S.002

Swirl Name- GraveyardHound
Band- (Unknown)
Track- Effect and Cause(White Stripes Cover) https://soundcloud.com/graveyardhound/s ... ause-cover
Date- 4-20-13
Catalog Number- W.S.003

Swirl Name- GraveyardHound
Band- (Unknown)
Track- Love Interruption(Jack White Cover) https://soundcloud.com/graveyardhound/l ... tion-cover
Date- 4-20-13
Catalog Number-W.S.004

Swirl Name- mangry
Band- Maniac McGee covering Daniel Johnston
Track- True Love Will Find You in the Endhttp://www.thirdmanrecords.com/noveltie ... h/?start=0
Date- 6-26-13
Catalog Number- W.S. 005

Swirl Name- shaneoftheroad
Band- Shane Devon
Track- Bluebird Fly Away" (Ray Neff) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ZG-zXNYG8
Date- 12-18-13
Catalog Number-W.S.006

Swirl Name- scoliosispony
Band- Mason Grove
Track- The Worm Songhttps://soundcloud.com/mason-grove/the-worm-song
Date- 3-24-14
Catalog Number-W.S.007

Swirl Name- Larry4mf
Band- Larry Morris
Track- Blue Moon(Cover)http://vimeo.com/94803778
Date- 5-2-14
Catalog Number-W.S.008

Swirl Name- shaneoftheroad
Band- Shane Devon
Track- Strange New Thing
Date- 8-7-14
Catalog Number-W.S.009
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Getbacktogether on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 40 times in total.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Pokey would've been June 1st.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Hmmm, I think with the purpose in mind it deserves it's own thread, but the title should be changed to something like "TMR Recording Booth Artists" so it isn't confused with the other thread. My understanding is/was that folks that had recorded in the booth for RSD would be streamed from the TMR site, no?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

rsimms3 wrote:Hmmm, I think with the purpose in mind it deserves it's own thread, but the title should be changed to something like "TMR Recording Booth Artists" so it isn't confused with the other thread. My understanding is/was that folks that had recorded in the booth for RSD would be streamed from the TMR site, no?
I agree! This is for documenting TMR Record Both Recordings. And that's what i thought i read as well. I want this to be so if any white swirlers ever record they could post that they did tell us, Name of there track, and the date it was recorded and either link to TMR website stream of it if that ever happens or for them to rip the vinyl and post it here so we could have a White Swirlers TMR recording artist catalog. Something like this.

Getbacktogether- Song Name- Date- WS.001, TMR.333

Song Link

So on and so on
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Re: TMR Record Both/ White Swirlers Record Booth Catalog

Changed topic name think its better?
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

rsimms3 wrote:My understanding is/was that folks that had recorded in the booth for RSD would be streamed from the TMR site, no?
On Record Store Day they said they were planning on getting a feature up and running where you could submit your recording to the TMR site if you wanted to, but that it won't be available till some point in the future.

As far as swirlers who have recorded in the booth, my sister and I got to try it out on RSD. Our Band Name is Joel, so...

Brendon Benson - Record Booth Track, for the announcement of the Record Booth, NEED DATE!
Jack White - Coal Miners Daughter Cover, NEED DATE!
Neil Young - RSD Track, 4-20-13
Joel - Bow Down & Die, 4-20-13
Pokey Lafarge - TMR Show Track, 6-1-13
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

hellosmith wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:My understanding is/was that folks that had recorded in the booth for RSD would be streamed from the TMR site, no?
On Record Store Day they said they were planning on getting a feature up and running where you could submit your recording to the TMR site if you wanted to, but that it won't be available till some point in the future.

As far as swirlers who have recorded in the booth, my sister and I got to try it out on RSD. Our Band Name is Joel, so...

Brendon Benson - Record Booth Track, for the announcement of the Record Booth, NEED DATE!
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
cmelo

Post by cmelo »

rsimms3 wrote:Hmmm, I think with the purpose in mind it deserves it's own thread, but the title should be changed to something like "TMR Recording Booth Artists" so it isn't confused with the other thread. My understanding is/was that folks that had recorded in the booth for RSD would be streamed from the TMR site, no?
Agreed. Thank you and getback.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

hellosmith wrote:

Just started the White Swirler Catalog. Your number 1! hopefully we get to hear your track in the future.
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Re: TMR Record Booth/ White Swirlers Record Booth Artists

Post by mushmouth »

Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm not interested in a Vault album being used for a bunch of 90 second songs that sound exceptionally lo-fi.

Release it as a vault member only album, or whatever, but as for the LP's in the vault, I expect better actual product than that.

On the plus side, you could fit 10 songs on a 7".
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

What? Who said anything about a vault LP? We just wanna see who from the Swirl has recorded in the booth.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Ara, Anonymous Murmurings, 4-20-13
Mojo, Mojo magic, 4-20-13
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

hellosmith wrote:What? Who said anything about a vault LP? We just wanna see who from the Swirl has recorded in the booth.
Ooooooooooh. My bad. Carry on. :D