TMR - 222 - Great Gatsby Soundtrack on TMR

maxman142001
Little Ghost

Re: TMR - 222 - Great Gatsby Soundtrack on TMR

Post by maxman142001 »

Someone spin this and report back...
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Did anyone receive the black vinyl version yet? I haven't had shipping confirmation and I'm going out of town today. I knew I shouldn't have bundled with the Sun 45s. :(
rietveld
Little Bird

Post by rietveld »

dunedin wrote:Did anyone receive the black vinyl version yet? I haven't had shipping confirmation and I'm going out of town today. I knew I shouldn't have bundled with the Sun 45s. :(
There's a week's delay on the black vinyl version, there's a notice on the item details in the store. Its still shown as pre- order on there too.
"Yeah, I look nothing like the kids in the videos"
A1004
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

redsox401 wrote:I wonder if any were inspected by JWIII
Doubt it. I would think he of all people would ask: "Why the fuck we putting these things in a wooden case w/out any kind of real protection?" Seriously, the only solution I've heard/come up with is to put the LPs in clear plastic sleeves and drop them in the wooden case. WTF? Now I get Woody's comment about smaller wooden sleeves for the records...the paper ones don't even fit! Ridiculous.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

So they expect you to put two LPs unprotected in a wooden sleeve?
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Jamie wrote:So they expect you to put two LPs unprotected in a wooden sleeve?
Yah, it's less than an ideal situation for sure. I'm not sure how I plan to store mine yet.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

JonnyH wrote:
Jamie wrote:So they expect you to put two LPs unprotected in a wooden sleeve?
Yah, it's less than an ideal situation for sure. I'm not sure how I plan to store mine yet.
That's putting it mildly. For $250, I'd say it's fucking absurd.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Hope I win the test press of this!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

It really is hard to explain online, but to me basically I am keeping one record in the wooden sleeve and the other one put up.
The design calls for either squeezing both records in the center of the velcro strips on the bottom are staggering them with one in the strips and one on top of the strips. When received from TMR the inserts were in between the records, i have removed them and stored them with the extra album. It's a neat wood case,other than that I'm not all that impressed. Like I said I would love to see more wood sleeves made to fit just one record at a time.

Also, my records are no where as shiny as the ones in the pictures online. They are photoshopped I'm sure or sometimes digital cameras just make things look better than they really are !

I would not store both records in there, I would choose wether you want silver and black or gold and stained. or vice versa.

Neat idea, yes. Worth $250, probably not. Executed better than the LFR for sure, but still not perfect. With all that said, I still love mine. I just like the damn case with the silver in the background, I consider it art not vinyl, really. I plan to buy the black copy, I'm not risking playing this, either the silver or gold could come off or it could hurt my styles, I don't know, don't care to find out. I'm sure they sound bad, simply because of the way they are made.

I have a music/movie theater - This fits the decor, lovely.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dylnfan
Little Ghost

TMR - 222 - Great Gatsby Soundtrack on TMR

Post by dylnfan »

Alabama Woody wrote:Also, my records are no where as shiny as the ones in the pictures online.

Neat idea, yes. Worth $250, probably not.
Agreed. The video made it look like these were plated like a "gold" record the RIAA gives artists for sales milestones. Definitely not worth $250. As far as I'm concerned, they still have not (and may never) topped the original Triple Decker or the Cosmos when it comes to cool factor and execution.

- Cmelo
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Wonder if it is spray paint ? :lol:

I don't know. They try hard, it was a neat idea. If the records were shiny and fit in the box better it would be cool. I can't see forcing both of them in the botttom between the strips and if you put one in the strips and one on top of the strips then the label does not line up with the hole in the wood on one side. Just needed a little tweaking. It does look great and work great with one album. I just have mine slid in there with no protection. SIlver with black side showing. I have no idea if one should clean or polish the records, scared to try anything, I do handle them with the gloves. Just another exspensive Novelty....... I like it better than the LFR. :mrgreen:
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

I've seen pictures taken by us normal Joes, and they're pretty damn shiny. The fact that they made it look like you got one black and one natural finish sleeve, when you only get one, is crap.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

mojoryan wrote:I've seen pictures taken by us normal Joes, and they're pretty damn shiny. The fact that they made it look like you got one black and one natural finish sleeve, when you only get one, is crap.
Yeah that is pretty shitty. I don't remember anything at the time implying that you'd only get one sleeve, every single picture of it they posted had two.

hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

Oh damn, yeah those pictures are extremely misleading. I too was under the impression that they would come in two wooden sleeves, one for each record
mushmouth
Little Cream Soda

Post by mushmouth »

hxcoliver wrote:Oh damn, yeah those pictures are extremely misleading. I too was under the impression that they would come in two wooden sleeves, one for each record
So was I. I'm not disappointed I ordered it, but the pic they used to market it clearly features two albums, two wood sleeves.

I can't even imagine the number of complaints they'll hear about that. Really dumb.