Desert Gold Exclusive Merch Thread

maxman142001
Little Ghost

Desert Gold Exclusive Merch Thread

Post by maxman142001 »

So who all is going or trying to go..... :roll:
Im going to be at Coachella in Indio and plan to head over to ACE on Monday afternoon to snag some items. Lets use this thread to post pictures, stories ISO's for DESERT GOLD

Perhaps most excitingly, we’ll be pre-selling a limited edition 7” box set (of 300) housed in a one of a kind snake skin style 45 carrying case featuring 5 Live singles that will be recorded at the Ace Hotel over the course of the second weekend. The pre-sale for this box set is available only at the Ace Pop Up shop and begins when we open doors on April 12th. Like all exclusive pop up items, they are first come first served, and when they are gone… they’re gone.

<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Re: Desert Gold Exclusive Merch Thread

Post by profsteenmarter »

I like that record box very much!
Someone that can pre-order me one? :D
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

I've got a friend that might wait if the line isn't too long. Hopefully the box set doesn't go too fast. What kind of price are you expecting it to be? I'm thinking about $75
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

As much as I would like one of those record boxes, my more reasonable requests would be a pennant, shot glass or belt buckle. Would be willing to pay ahead of time. Y'all that are going have fun, sounds like a blast.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

bkramer10 wrote:I've got a friend that might wait if the line isn't too long. Hopefully the box set doesn't go too fast. What kind of price are you expecting it to be? I'm thinking about $75
That sounds reasonable. Maybe 100. On black Friday the white stripes 45 boxes were 50 and they only had one record in them, so 75 to 100 sounds about right.
Hyperbole used for effect!
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Can someone snag me a switchblade comb and the rattlesnake eggs (whatever those are), and maybe the pennant? Contact me before to work out a payment. :)
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

I could go for a flag gun and a mason jar if anyone can help. Some rattlesnake eggs would be cool to. Pm with help. Have fun out there people!
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
jbharris76
Little Cream Soda

Post by jbharris76 »

AJ123 wrote:Can someone snag me a switchblade comb and the rattlesnake eggs (whatever those are), and maybe the pennant? Contact me before to work out a payment. :)
Rattlesnake Egg Spoiler Alert......Don't read any further if you want to be surprised by the little funny envelope......

You have been warned, soon to be on both ends! ha!

"Rattlesnake eggs" are a long standing joke in the South, and specifically, in my family for YEARS. They're a complete joke item (obviously), but I've seen quite a few practical jokes pulled off successfully with them, so I'd get one as I'm sure they're cheap. I never in a million years thought I'd see them as a TMR merch item, but here's how they work: on the inside of the envelope is a metal wire with a rubber band tied to each end with a small little plastic round thing attached to the band. You wind up the rubber band, just twisting it, and close the envelope with it's little string/wraparound thing-a-ma-jig. Then you walk up to your friend and ask them:

"have you ever seen what RATTLESNAKE EGGS look like? I good friend just gave me some, here check them out.....and right about then you open up the sleeve and hand them to the person....and the rubber band comes loose and it sounds like some LIVE RATTLESNAKES in the envelope that have already hatched!

This was a staple joke to anyone that came to my house to spend the night, or any visitor of the family going back some 25 years. My Dad still can't believe that they're coming back via TMR! hahaha He hasn't been able to find more to purchase for many many years.

Just thought I'd share for those that might be wondering.
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

AJ123 wrote:Can someone snag me a switchblade comb and the rattlesnake eggs (whatever those are), and maybe the pennant?Contact me before to work out a payment. :)
+1
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Dammit I want one of those boxes haha
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

jbharris76 wrote:"Rattlesnake eggs" are a long standing joke in the South, and specifically, in my family for YEARS. They're a complete joke item (obviously), but I've seen quite a few practical jokes pulled off successfully with them, so I'd get one as I'm sure they're cheap. I never in a million years thought I'd see them as a TMR merch item...
I remember seeing those up here near the Mason-Dixon line, too, when I was a kid. Dunno why it surprises you that TMR would bring 'em back though. Look at that merch-- A Viewmaster, a flag gun, switchblade combs... We're talking about a bunch of grown-up kids down there in Nashville, God (or whatever) love 'em. Toys'n'music, what could be better?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

i was planning on cruising out to this but work has gotten in the way :cry:

if anybody is going with an extra person or ends up being able to order two boxes and feels like helping me out PM me. *i've got a vault 1 LP i'd consider trading :)
Last edited by Melon on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
houses are full of things that gather dust
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

switchblade comb,record box with singles and that little gun...
if anyone can help
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

bkramer10 wrote:I've got a friend that might wait if the line isn't too long. Hopefully the box set doesn't go too fast. What kind of price are you expecting it to be? I'm thinking about $75
Try $200
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

flattop2001 wrote:
Try $200
Is this from you going and checking or just a guess?