White Walled Triple Deckers ... What a Public Nuisance!!

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: White Walled Triple Deckers ... What a Public Nuisance!!

Post by shaneoftheroad »

The other half of the battle is, of course, a time machine.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Spinning the shell again now. :) The entire A-side plays after the first half of the first track and the whole 2nd half of the B-side plays. So all is not lost.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

f-ing awesome, shane!
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
stoffel
Little Bird

Post by stoffel »

Alabama Woody wrote:Damn Shane, I was on my phone earlier and did not get a good look at your pictures. You simply chose to cut ON THE WRONG SIDE ! You cut on the glue side, you are trying to cut the part that is made to the other half! I though when you said 40 minutes, that sounded kind of strange. Damn nation. People let this acident be a lesson that helps others. You cut on the glue side, wich is the side with the lable facing you not the picture of the wheel/tire. There is sum glue seepish on the ring side where you were cutting but the other side has a ring of glue all the way around it. The side you where cutting on the black ring is made to that half of the sandwhich. If that makes sense. Damn man, I should have made a video I guess, at the time I did not have time. I might open another and video it. Someone who wants theirs open ought to bring it to Seasick Steve and let me open their copy and we could film a how to. Theres always camera types roaming around, maybe we could get a good video!

Woody
it's funny i tried opening mine too after i read shane's story and your tip, but funny enough when i put the knife at the "glue" side at one point i just pushed it trough the shell, and i didn't aplly that much pressure, then i continued and the knife slid to the other side(the ring side i supose) and that didn't break anything but actualy made the record open very easy.
but i guess they could use some glue that would open up easier. i got no complaint as i got this as a freebie in my order along with the regular one, but if i had bought it at the truck or store i might have been a little dissapointed.
on another note, i don't think the two shells of mine were lined up perfectly as on one player i can't play it and on the other i can't push it all the way down and looks like the needle is surfing on a wild sea.

but yeah you gotta destroy to create something new. all part of the game i guess. and anything is better then to just leave it in there forever!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

stoffel wrote:but yeah you gotta destroy to create something new. all part of the game i guess. and anything is better then to just leave it in there forever!
Well put, good sir. I knew going in I wanted this release for the 7". Bummer about the shell, broke my heart for a minute or two (won't lie). But what are ya' gonna do? I may luck into another WWTD someday but for now I'm content. I'll post a pic of where my broken shell ends up, thinking of making an art piece out of it to hang on the wall.
stoffel
Little Bird

Post by stoffel »

Alabama Woody wrote:After listening to this, I'm
Pretty sure the B side is Cam , Dillon, and Ben!
how do you know? is this from some band they have? or something thats been mentioned in an interview or so?
thanks
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
stoffel wrote:but yeah you gotta destroy to create something new. all part of the game i guess. and anything is better then to just leave it in there forever!
Well put, good sir. I knew going in I wanted this release for the 7". Bummer about the shell, broke my heart for a minute or two (won't lie). But what are ya' gonna do? I may luck into another WWTD someday but for now I'm content. I'll post a pic of where my broken shell ends up, thinking of making an art piece out of it to hang on the wall.
Hey Shane, did you take a video of it? If so, when are you planing to post it? I'm dying to see it!
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I'll post the video later tonight. Didn't turn out like I hoped (obviously)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

stoffel wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:After listening to this, I'm
Pretty sure the B side is Cam , Dillon, and Ben!
how do you know? is this from some band they have? or something thats been mentioned in an interview or so?
thanks
Simply a guess based on what I hear when I play it. I have seen Dillon and Cam play several times, it reminds me of them! No official announcement, I could be wrong, I could be right.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I'll post the video later tonight. Didn't turn out like I hoped (obviously)
where is this damn video shane??? haha
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

It's a time consuming feat to post a video, give him a chance , probably full of cussing :-). He didn't have a lot of luck so why even bother with it.

It's Saturday , probably busy!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

arewhyehen wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:I'll post the video later tonight. Didn't turn out like I hoped (obviously)
where is this damn video shane??? haha
Are all Canadians this bored up there while waiting for a video to post on swirl? Boy, oh boy. :lol:
Just messin' with ya, Ryan!
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Oh hell! Sorry, guys! haha I've been away from the house all day. I hope you don't expect too much with the video. I got some shots of it spinning from different angles before I tried opening it and then a shot or two of it after I cracked it. I was gonna do this whole production but then it turned out so sad I abandoned the project. I'll upload what I have tonight though.
JWhiteIII
Little Acorn

Post by JWhiteIII »

Just wondering...

Is there any difference in the sound on the TD compared to the regular black vinyl? Quality wise or whatever differences may be...
Across the Rio Grand-e-o.....
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I haven't gotten the black vinyl yet but I plan on ordering it when I replenish some funds.