BECK!

theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Re: BECK!

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

woodisgood wrote:Being a Beck fan since before you were born, I can safely say this 7" is probably my least-favorite thing I've ever heard from him. I gave the clip a pass knowing I should form my opinion by hearing the whole thing. That was a mistake.
not sure that you are referring to me relative to being a Beck fan since before I was born... given the fact that i am certain i outrank you in years... but otherwise i agree with you entirely and was blasting the clips and the tracks from the moment i heard them ... i will say it before and say it again.. crap

i dont want to diminish how intelligent Beck is or anything like that but the sound and style are beyond tired and do no justice to his 'country legacy' or bluegrass capability either... the whole punk rock and smooth pop add on thing by Karen and Jack further makes the element of design sad... at least we can chalk it up to them being uninspired with little randy but really that says more about their artistry than it does the poor misguided little randy's dying

spending money on this release was nothing more than tossing money and poor humor in my opinion
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
vitamin3
Little Bird

Post by vitamin3 »

i like this record. "blue randy" reminds me of leonard cohen and should have been the a side. has beck performed either of these songs live yet?
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

i think these songs are both very very recent... doubt he has even thought about performing them up to this point in the planning of his new release

good observation on the leonard cohen sound/style but that country music element clashes with the raw urban decay of cohen in my opinion regardless of the Cohen quality
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Received mine in the mail today. standard black.

It came with a little "Thank you for your purchase" insert. I have never received one of these previously and just wondering if these are common. I'm assuming hey are. they look like something that would be mass produced and inserted in each order, I just never heard any mention of them on here.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
matlock665
Little Cream Soda

Post by matlock665 »

rival wrote:Received mine in the mail today. standard black.

It came with a little "Thank you for your purchase" insert. I have never received one of these previously and just wondering if these are common. I'm assuming hey are. they look like something that would be mass produced and inserted in each order, I just never heard any mention of them on here.

Must be a new thing, I've never got one until the Beck single.
Now that I think of it, I wish they'd throw in the occasional sticker, or something.
blublood1013
Little Cream Soda

Post by blublood1013 »

A great song to listen to after work....for me anyway :)
Doing what 2 people need is never on the menu