Leaking Liquid Filled Records

dylnfan
Little Ghost

Re: Leaking Liquid Filled Records

Post by dylnfan »

Alabama Woody wrote:Looked at mine last night, the liquid level had dropped a couple of inches. Stored upright in cool dark place, no leaks. I knew this was going to happen. I think I will just let it go dry, fuck it.
Looked at mine a few weeks ago (first time since I got it), same thing. Oh well, guess it beats leaking all over the place.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
STEVETRON3000
Little Bird

Post by STEVETRON3000 »

I rebought mine yesterday in Nashville. Mine was on JW desk prior to and was given to the keyboardist from the B52's for a charity auction. Very cool record but noticed it was losing liquid. Thanks guys for these postings I will hopefully have mine filled up. I don't seem to notice any spots where it is leaking but will hopefully get the color and all right. Any posts of people who've done it would be great.
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

I know this is a bit late in the thread but how exactly can you insert liquid inside? I know there's a fill hole. Do I just use a syringe and needle?
frankay39
Little Bird

Post by frankay39 »

leem96 wrote:I know this is a bit late in the thread but how exactly can you insert liquid inside? I know there's a fill hole. Do I just use a syringe and needle?
I would love to know this as well. Mine is sealed up well enough now from a good solid glue session, but I would like to refill it at some point. People keep mentioning doing so, but a video or step by step would be appreciated. The last thing I want to do is further spoil my already silly LFR.
liquidluver
Little Bird

Post by liquidluver »

You would use a syringe to refill. And seal the plug with silicone caulk perhaps rather than super glue so that it can be undone in the future.