RSD at TMR

dreamover
Little Acorn

Re: RSD at TMR

Post by dreamover »

hxcoliver wrote:so, according to the catalog page there is 300 of Karen's milk and honey but it shows a picture of the whisped one. maybe they mean 300 for the split?
that's gotta be a mistake. there were at least 1000 of the honey vinyl and at least as many splits as liquid discs.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dreamover wrote:
hxcoliver wrote:so, according to the catalog page there is 300 of Karen's milk and honey but it shows a picture of the whisped one. maybe they mean 300 for the split?
that's gotta be a mistake. there were at least 1000 of the honey vinyl and at least as many splits as liquid discs.
i agree...i was at TMR at 5:30ish when they closed everything down...literally the last person there and they still had a handful of the Karen Elson splits left over..
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:
i agree...i was at TMR at 5:30ish when they closed everything down...literally the last person there and they still had a handful of the Karen Elson splits left over..
Not to mention Karen sold some of them at her show at the jeans store.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

rsimms3 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:
yeah i thought 300 was way too low...even for the splits. considering that some were still left over at the end of the day. there has got to be close 1000 of the lace splits.
sorry, but i'm a sucker for numbers. i like to know how many of the releases are out there. and they still haven't posted how many fuchsias exist, or liquid filled, and duane tris say "tbd". what's up with that?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

hxcoliver wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
dreamover wrote:
yeah i thought 300 was way too low...even for the splits. considering that some were still left over at the end of the day. there has got to be close 1000 of the lace splits.
sorry, but i'm a sucker for numbers. i like to know how many of the releases are out there. and they still haven't posted how many fuchsias exist, or liquid filled, and duane tris say "tbd". what's up with that?
Well, When I was at the RRS at about 5:00 they brought out about 20ish more LACE records because the RRS ran out and by 5:30 they were just about out again and I think they were very close to running out inside(they said they split the remaining equally at that point). Who knows if they had more packed away but they closed up early that day just after 5:30 with just a few more people trickling in and as i said, only a handful of LACE records left.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

if there were actually 400 liquid filled discs, i assume they had 400-500 lace. there were actually some people in line that didn't get the lace 7" and just bought their liquid disc, so there may have been just as many, but i think it's closer to 500.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

The black vinyl versions of "Hand Springs" and "Milk and Honey" are now available at TMR.

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/view/wh ... ilable-now
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

dunedin wrote:The black vinyl versions of "Hand Springs" and "Milk and Honey" are now available at TMR.
I like the words "available for eternity".
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."