Little Ghost

Re: TMR-143 The first three years of Blue Series

Post by chrono_1980 »

Not tftyobs? Catchy right?
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

chrono_1980 wrote:Not tftyobs? Catchy right?
i like it.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

I just realized there were two Dan Sartain song on this one and that I need it to have a complete collection but won't be able to afford it... :?

Why the hell did I became a record collector? :roll:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

HappyDad wrote:Why the hell did I became a record collector? :roll:
I was thinking the same thing. This is getting rediculous...
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

If it was easy what would be the fun in that?
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

cwja wrote:If it was easy what would be the fun in that?
There is a big difference between difficult to obtain because it's rare and difficult to obtain because it's expensive. In three years, I still haven't found the first three Dan Sartain releases. It's really fun to hunt them and I'm not sure they will be really expensive when/if I finally find them. But this one... I could buy it, but it would just be so expensive... NO FUN AT ALL :mrgreen:

But I want it... :roll:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Good point about difficult to find vs expensive. This one will probably be both. The joy of the hunt combined with finding it at a reasonable (to me) price is what drew me to collecting TMR. I can understand the frustration it leads to when collecting one's favorite artist though.
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

cwja wrote:Good point about difficult to find vs expensive. This one will probably be both. The joy of the hunt combined with finding it at a reasonable (to me) price is what drew me to collecting TMR. I can understand the frustration it leads to when collecting one's favorite artist though.
Well, I don't think this will bother me too much but it still sucks that this item will be so expensive...
--> JUST HERE
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

HappyDad wrote: There is a big difference between difficult to obtain because it's rare and difficult to obtain because it's expensive.
I completely agree, I love the thrill of the chase. There are a bunch of records I'm ISO of an I know I could buy them off ebay in a second but I'm waiting until I find them in a store before I buy them. I've had a list of records that I've been chasing for probably 6-7 years nows. Eventually I'll find them all and it'll be that much more fulfilling.
nesguys
Little Acorn

Post by nesguys »

higherlimits wrote:
HappyDad wrote: There is a big difference between difficult to obtain because it's rare and difficult to obtain because it's expensive.
I completely agree, I love the thrill of the chase. There are a bunch of records I'm ISO of an I know I could buy them off ebay in a second but I'm waiting until I find them in a store before I buy them. I've had a list of records that I've been chasing for probably 6-7 years nows. Eventually I'll find them all and it'll be that much more fulfilling.
That is much more satisfying. Ebay ruined the thrill of the hunt. Oh and as far as this record goes, this put the nail in the coffin on my completeness. Would love to have one but I think I'm out. Just will be buying the TMR releases I actually want now. It's freeing really.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

[ebay]260977129832[/ebay][ebay]160762250854[/ebay]
Second one is about to end.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Made the mistake of telling my wife what that first one sold for. Think she's plotting my murder now. Gotta go!
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

runofthemill wrote:Made the mistake of telling my wife what that first one sold for. Think she's plotting my murder now. Gotta go!
LOL. You and me both. I should have kept it to myself. :lol:
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

nesguys wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
That is much more satisfying. Ebay ruined the thrill of the hunt. Oh and as far as this record goes, this put the nail in the coffin on my completeness. Would love to have one but I think I'm out. Just will be buying the TMR releases I actually want now. It's freeing really.
yeah i agree dude, the more limited stuff there is that i dont get, the easier it is to let go a bit and not be a completist,,,
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

achouza wrote:the more limited stuff there is that i dont get, the easier it is to let go a bit and not be a completist
AMEN. +1.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."