school choirs recording at TMR

hawke000

Re: school choirs recording at TMR

Post by hawke000 »

I think I'm officially hanging up the "Gotta get everything TMR," they have too many amazing ideas for the dollars in my pocket don't match.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

I sense a disturbance in the force that I have not felt for some time
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

This is fantastic. Couldn't be happier with TMR for doing this.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
nesguys
Little Acorn

Post by nesguys »

Really cool of them. Sad to see my catalog completeness go by the wayside, but proud of them for doing this at the same time.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I wonder if they will release these in black as a normal release, maybe as a new series, or just do the split colors for the students. Either way, still pretty awesome. I bet some will go up for sale once they find out how much we will buy them for. Especially after they graduate and are poor college students...
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
kalv04
Little Acorn

Post by kalv04 »

higherlimits wrote:I think this marks the official end of TMR completists. Assuming they use the same numbering system people won't be able to collect TMR catalog numbers anymore
That already happened a long time ago. Golden ticket event....TMR0924 ;)
"Bye Snookums!" -nickboat
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

dagingerrocker wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:I hope this isn't just for Nashville schools!
It is man and our school has no choir!
Moller72 wrote:Not like either one of you are at school very much anyway.

No but they should spend more time there, at least enough time to learn to read good and stuff...

"School Choirs & Bands at Third Man: A Vinyl Recording Experience"

Choirs & Bands, meaning it's not just for choirs, it sounds like any school music program would qualify, ie. orchestra, marching band, jazz band, etc....

I must say it kills me to see that girl holding the record toward the end, I died a little inside...

and yeah, this is an awesome thing for TMR to do, more kids need to get into music, too much funding is cut from music and arts programs to be funneled into sports programs...
Last edited by jrfhoutx on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

jrfhoutx wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
TheHen0 wrote:I hope this isn't just for Nashville schools!
It is man and our school has no choir!
Moller72 wrote:Not like either one of you are at school very much anyway.

No but they should spend more time there, at least enough time to learn to read good and stuff...

"School Choirs & Bands at Third Man: A Vinyl Recording Experience"

Choirs & Bands, meaning it's not just for choirs, it sounds like any school music program would qualify, ie. orchestra, marching band, jazz band, etc....

I must say it kills me to see that girl holding the record toward the end, I died a little inside...
our school still has no musical talent
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

do you play in any music program in your school? do you play any instrument at all? if not then stfu about who does or does not have talent, now go back to doing your homework.
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

jrfhoutx wrote:do you play in any music program in your school? do you play any instrument at all? if not then stfu about who does or does not have talent, now go back to doing your homework.
withdrawn, we have no music program, not talent
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

well then, I'm sorry and I feel sad for you. I never would have played an instrument had it not been for band in school (played sax in school, learned guitar on my own). wtf kind of school has absolutely no music programs at all? I know the education system has turned to crap in the last 15 years, but has school really gotten that bad that they are completely cutting out music programs?
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

jrfhoutx wrote:well then, I'm sorry and I feel sad for you. I never would have played an instrument had it not been for band in school (played sax in school, learned guitar on my own). wtf kind of school has absolutely no music programs at all? I know the education system has turned to crap in the last 15 years, but has school really gotten that bad that they are completely cutting out music programs?
I won't get into just how fucking ugly it is, but funding for the arts AND sports are the first things to go within federally funded schools thanks to that jackwagon W and his unfunded No School Left Behind bullshit. My wife is an educator at a school where my son also attends, and they have an outstanding arts program: if they were to slip according to bullshit guidelines that have been made a precedent, they too could lose it.

I am curious: why did you die just a little seeing her hold it?
...words to live by.
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

mojoryan wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote:well then, I'm sorry and I feel sad for you. I never would have played an instrument had it not been for band in school (played sax in school, learned guitar on my own). wtf kind of school has absolutely no music programs at all? I know the education system has turned to crap in the last 15 years, but has school really gotten that bad that they are completely cutting out music programs?
I won't get into just how fucking ugly it is, but funding for the arts AND sports are the first things to go within federally funded schools thanks to that jackwagon W and his unfunded No School Left Behind bullshit. My wife is an educator at a school where my son also attends, and they have an outstanding arts program: if they were to slip according to bullshit guidelines that have been made a precedent, they too could lose it.

that sucks, believe me I understand the horrors left behind in the wake of GWB, I live in Texas...

Why? fingerprints... I have some albums that have been boxed for the last 15 years or so that I've been going through and cleaning, and quite often the second you pull the record out of the sleeve, you can see the fingerprints... and it takes several washings to get them off completely, but even then sometimes they just never come out of the grooves...
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

jrfhoutx wrote:
mojoryan wrote:

that sucks, believe me I understand the horrors left behind in the wake of GWB, I live in Texas...

Why? fingerprints... I have some albums that have been boxed for the last 15 years or so that I've been going through and cleaning, and quite often the second you pull the record out of the sleeve, you can see the fingerprints... and it takes several washings to get them off completely, but even then sometimes they just never come out of the grooves...
:lol:
Excellent!
Grim has an excellent system. I think there may either be a thread dedicated to it, or at the very least, it's mentioned somewhere on the boards.
I have some I desperately need to clean, and have been meaning to ask him about that very thing.

My condolences for the Texas Ed situation.
...words to live by.
NotACollector
Little Bird

Post by NotACollector »

Hahaha y'all won't be able to get all the records now! Boohooo.