TMR112 & 113 by John C. Reilly

trickster
Greek Mod

TMR112 & 113 by John C. Reilly

Post by trickster »

TMR112 - John C. Reilly - Gonna Lay Down My Old Guitar b/w “Lonesome Yodel Blues #2″
John C. Reilly with Tom Brosseau,Jack White, Olivia Jean and Fats Kaplin

TMR113 - John C. Reilly - I’ll Be There If You Ever Want” b/w “I’m Making Plans”
John C. Reilly with Becky Stark,Jack White, Olivia Jean and Fats Kaplin
As for the ongoing Blue Series, a man who needs no introduction -- but who we'll introduce as John C. Reilly will release not one but TWO Third Man singles in November, both featuring Jack White, The Black Belles' Olivia Jean and Fats Kaplin. John & Tom: "Gonna Lay Down My Old Guitar" b/w "Lonesome Yodel Blues #2" (TMR112) finds John's duet with Tom Brosseau sung in close harmony as they perform two songs originally by The Delmore Brothers. Becky & John's "I'll Be There If You Ever Want" b/w "I'm Making Plans" (TMR113) sees John paired with Becky Stark (Lavender Diamond) and swerves more in the classic country vein taking in tunes originally performed by Ray Price and Dolly Parton/Porter Wagoner. Both are released on November 29th on vinyl and iTunes.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
elduderino
Little Ghost

Re: TMR112 & 113 by John C. Reilly

Post by elduderino »

he is everything i hate...
stoutr
Little Ghost

Post by stoutr »

Becky shall forever be Margaret in my mind.
I got that deep into variants once before with a collection, please shoot me if I go there again, it will drive you crazy I promise...
But nice stuff for sure.
Grim
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

John C. Reilly shall forever be Dr. Steve Brule in my mind. http://video.adultswim.com/tim-and-eric ... brule.html
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Gonna Lay Down My Old Guitar sample

I'll Be There If You Ever Want sample
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
campp009
Little Cream Soda

Post by campp009 »

stoutr wrote:Becky shall forever be Margaret in my mind.
While she was a lovely Margaret, it would be a shame to ignore her Lavender Diamond/Living Sisters material.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Gave the clips on third mans website a listen.................not for me. No matter what color vinyl you put it on.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

From TMR site:

"So, exciting news for tomorrow as we release both John C. Reilly singles unto an unsuspecting public! So excited for everybody to hear these tracks...
John & Tom & Becky & John are both available on 7” worldwide and on itunes. Order now!

The Tri-Colors of these releases will NOT be sold at Third Man tomorrow but will be sold in a different special location that we will be announcing very soon.
Stay tuned!"

http://www.thirdmanrecords.com/news/vie ... ly-singles
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

curseofhalos wrote:From TMR site:

"So, exciting news for tomorrow as we release both John C. Reilly singles unto an unsuspecting public! So excited for everybody to hear these tracks...
John & Tom & Becky & John are both available on 7” worldwide and on itunes. Order now!

The Tri-Colors of these releases will NOT be sold at Third Man tomorrow but will be sold in a different special location that we will be announcing very soon.
Stay tuned!"

Nice! My wife loves showtunes so we were listening the Chicago soundtrack over the weekend, he does a good "Mr. Cellophane".
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

Stay tuned!"

Man I was hoping to pick up to tri colors at once... probably wont be anywhere near me
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

rsimms3 wrote:

Stay tuned!"

Nice! My wife loves showtunes so we were listening the Chicago soundtrack over the weekend, he does a good "Mr. Cellophane".
It's definately an excellent song, my favorite Chicago song to be honest.. That and the Cell Block Tango..
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

higherlimits wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:

Stay tuned!"

It's definately an excellent song, my favorite Chicago song to be honest.. That and the Cell Block Tango..
My favorite Chicago song is by Sufjan Stevens.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

Stl_ben wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:

Stay tuned!"

My favorite Chicago song is by Sufjan Stevens.
my favorite Chicago song is 25 or 6 to 4. :D
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

On December 15th John C. Reilly will perform a special record release show at Largo in Los Angeles with Becky Stark, Tom Brosseau and VERY special guests. Friendly representatives from Third Man Records will be on hand to sell 100 Tri-Color copies of both singles but that’s not all...we’ll also be selling 100 copies each of the aforementioned White Stripes Tri-Colors as well as an assortment of regular Third Man releases and merchandise. This will include ALL of the new products we’ve recently announced:

· Third Man iPhone cases

· portable Revolution turntables

· 45 carrying cases

· vinyl cleaning kits

· assortment of new releases

Tickets for the show go on sale tomorrow and cost $25. A portion of ticket sales will go to benefit Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.
If you can’t get tickets to the show, we will be selling merch to the public in the lobby of Largo for an hour before doors open. So even if you do not have tickets to the show you can still have a chance to get a John & Tom and/or Becky & John Tri-Color 45 (or other merch) for you and/or your loved ones.

FOR MORE INFO AND TICKETS PLEASE SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM LARGO BELOW

Hello Everyone,

Join Third Man Records, John C Reilly, Becky Stark & Tom Brousseau w/ VERY Special Guests at Largo on Thursday, December 15. They will be celebrating the release of "Becky & John: I'll Be There If You Ever Want," along with "John & Tom: Gonna Lay Down My Old Guitar." This will benefit Children's Hospital Of Los Angeles. Tickets are on sale now ONLINE ONLY. Click here to purchase tickets.

Thursday, December 15: Third Man Records Presents Record Release Show w/John C Reilly, Becky Stark & Tom Brousseau w/ Very SpeciaL Guests. Seats will be assigned beginning at 6pm, Doors open for drinks at 7pm, Showtime 8pm, Tickets $25.

For more detailed information about Largo at the Coronet check out our website, http://www.largo-la.com, on Facebook, or on Twitter. Click here for Largo's Seat Assignment/Will Call/Ticket Purchase Policy. Stay tuned for more announcements and thank you for your support.

Cheers,

Largo
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
ericlb75
Little Cream Soda

Post by ericlb75 »

Got my tickets. But I'm feeling that I am going to be playing hookie from work. Anyone else have that general feeling?