TMR118 - Lord, Send Me an Angel 7"

HappyDad
Little Ghost

Re: TMR118 - Lord, Send Me an Angel 7"

Post by HappyDad »

td3 wrote:Just curious ... what's with the importance of order numbers? I've never once paid attention to my order number.
It's just to have an idea about the number of orders for a release. imo
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

FYI - Mine shipped yesterday.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
nesguys
Little Acorn

Post by nesguys »

Got Mine yesterday, no tri sadly...
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

HappyDad wrote:
td3 wrote:Just curious ... what's with the importance of order numbers? I've never once paid attention to my order number.
There's also the collector's mentality of "YES I ORDERED FIRST BEFORE YOU HAHAHAHA".

And they tend to ship things in order of ordering. So the fact that I was ~100 orders behind rsimms3 and his had not yet shipped meant I was probably in for a bit of a wait.

On the plus side, mine have now shipped. Doubt they'll make it to the UK before crimbo though (not that it matters, they were all for ME!).
Patient B1003
tcricha43
Little Cream Soda

Post by tcricha43 »

My order shipped today #36818 my order was placed last Wednesday its almost 500 more than some of those you guys placed last Tuesday...lots of people ordering the WS reissues. 500 orders in 24 hours no wonder these took so long to ship
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
HappyDad wrote:
There's also the collector's mentality of "YES I ORDERED FIRST BEFORE YOU HAHAHAHA".

And they tend to ship things in order of ordering. So the fact that I was ~100 orders behind rsimms3 and his had not yet shipped meant I was probably in for a bit of a wait.

On the plus side, mine have now shipped. Doubt they'll make it to the UK before crimbo though (not that it matters, they were all for ME!).
Well it started off as "does order # x = lottery item?" and then it started helping gauging online sales as per Clem's point. I didn't think we were ever playing "ha ha, I ordered first"...
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

love_islander wrote:
grumblestiltskin wrote:
HappyDad wrote:

Well it started off as "does order # x = lottery item?" and then it started helping gauging online sales as per Clem's point. I didn't think we were ever playing "ha ha, I ordered first"...
Only me then :P
Patient B1003
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

Everyone thinks it... but no one wants to say it. The earlier you order, the better chance you get at scoring a tri. So truthfully, we all want to beat each other for the tri. And yes, I am a sore loser when I don't get a tri. :lol:
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Received my records today. No tri and the Christmas single didn't even come in a plastic sleeve like the rest. :|
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom