TMR118 - Lord, Send Me an Angel 7"

trickster
Greek Mod

TMR118 - Lord, Send Me an Angel 7"

Post by trickster »

TMR118 - Lord, Send Me an Angel” b/w “You’re Pretty Good Looking (Trendy American Remix)”

"Lord, Send Me an Angel" b/w "You’re Pretty Good Looking (Trendy American Remix)" (TMR118) was originally released as part of the White Stripes Japan-Australia-New Zealand "Three Island Tour" in October 2000, and now these songs are back in print for the first time in over a decade. The A-side is a cover of Blind Willie McTell’s "Lord, Send Me an Angel" with parts of his classic "Ticket Agent" thrown into the mix for good measure. Pay attention to Jack White’s update of the lyrics to reflect his own geographical location. The flipside is an Auto-Tuned (before they called it that) remix of "You’re Pretty Good Looking" that’s a peculiar novelty to say the least. Both tracks are re-mastered directly from the original master tape.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
love_islander
Little People

Re: TMR118 - Lord, Send Me an Angel 7"

Post by love_islander »

So I guess we're getting more than 5 releases for xmas this year? Not bad...
mirrorboxer
Little Cream Soda

Post by mirrorboxer »

This is another one that I've never owned before. I'll be glad to add it to my collection.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

mirrorboxer wrote:This is another one that I've never owned before. I'll be glad to add it to my collection.
Me too!
Hyperbole used for effect!
cconrad1
Little Bird

Post by cconrad1 »

This is my favorite White Stripes cover. I can't wait to spin it!
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

As you all may well know by now, December 6th we’ll be releasing four White Stripes 7” reissues. There will be 300 red/black/white Tri-Colors of “The Big Three Killed My Baby” and “Lord, Send Me An Angel” and 100 of each of these will be for sale in our Nashville store on the 6th. We won’t be doing Tri-Colors for “Candy Cane Children” as the limited edition red vinyl of this 45 was released last year with the gift set we offered and “Hello Operator” was released as a picture disc 45 with The Vault earlier this year.

On December 15th John C. Reilly will perform a special record release show at Largo in Los Angeles with Becky Stark, Tom Brosseau and VERY special guests. Friendly representatives from Third Man Records will be on hand to sell 100 Tri-Color copies of both singles but that’s not all...we’ll also be selling 100 copies each of the aforementioned White Stripes Tri-Colors as well as an assortment of regular Third Man releases and merchandise. This will include ALL of the new products we’ve recently announced:

· Third Man iPhone cases

· portable Revolution turntables

· 45 carrying cases

· vinyl cleaning kits

· assortment of new releases

Tickets for the show go on sale tomorrow and cost $25. A portion of ticket sales will go to benefit Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.
If you can’t get tickets to the show, we will be selling merch to the public in the lobby of Largo for an hour before doors open. So even if you do not have tickets to the show you can still have a chance to get a John & Tom and/or Becky & John Tri-Color 45 (or other merch) for you and/or your loved ones.

FOR MORE INFO AND TICKETS PLEASE SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM LARGO BELOW

Hello Everyone,

Join Third Man Records, John C Reilly, Becky Stark & Tom Brousseau w/ VERY Special Guests at Largo on Thursday, December 15. They will be celebrating the release of "Becky & John: I'll Be There If You Ever Want," along with "John & Tom: Gonna Lay Down My Old Guitar." This will benefit Children's Hospital Of Los Angeles. Tickets are on sale now ONLINE ONLY. Click here to purchase tickets.

Thursday, December 15: Third Man Records Presents Record Release Show w/John C Reilly, Becky Stark & Tom Brousseau w/ Very SpeciaL Guests. Seats will be assigned beginning at 6pm, Doors open for drinks at 7pm, Showtime 8pm, Tickets $25.

For more detailed information about Largo at the Coronet check out our website, www.largo-la.com, on Facebook, or on Twitter. Click here for Largo's Seat Assignment/Will Call/Ticket Purchase Policy. Stay tuned for more announcements and thank you for your support.

Cheers,

Largo
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Just got shipping confirmation
Crossing fingers
Order #36223 - Shipped
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

trickster wrote:Just got shipping confirmation
Crossing fingers
Order #36223 - Shipped
Hmm, orders going fast.. ordered on Dec 6 @ 11:15 am local time
No confirmation yet - Order #36390 hoping for a white & red christmas!
Elwood
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elwood »

Mine was shipped yesterday as well... Order# 36265

I haven't won the lottery in a long time...

However, I wasn't patient enough to wait for the TMR order to arrive and already snagged both WS tris on ebay ^^
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yeah, I ordered all 4 reissues and a DW 5 pack, no shipping confirmation yet....order #36399. :-(
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

rsimms3 wrote:Yeah, I ordered all 4 reissues and a DW 5 pack, no shipping confirmation yet....order #36399. :-(
Crap, my ws reissues are #36519....
Patient B1003
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

36352...nothing.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Elwood wrote:Mine was shipped yesterday as well... Order# 36265

However, I wasn't patient enough to wait for the TMR order to arrive and already snagged both WS tris on ebay ^^
The only times I have won the lottery are the two times I had already bought the tri-colour elsewhere..
Elwood
Little Cream Soda

Post by Elwood »

higherlimits wrote:
Elwood wrote:Mine was shipped yesterday as well... Order# 36265

The only times I have won the lottery are the two times I had already bought the tri-colour elsewhere..
Received my package from TMR today... Unfortunately no luck for me (but I'm happy with the black vinyls). Fortunately, my two tri colors were also in the mail today. Two damn gorgeous pieces of vinyl and for a mere 200 $ that I've paid for both I won't complain.
td3
Little Bird

Post by td3 »

Just curious ... what's with the importance of order numbers? I've never once paid attention to my order number.