TMR117 - The Big Three Killed My Baby 7"

trickster
Greek Mod

TMR117 - The Big Three Killed My Baby 7"

Post by trickster »

TMR117 - The Big Three Killed My Baby b/w “Red Bowling Ball Ruth”

But wait, there's more TMR end of year celebration afoot, namely four offerings from The White Stripes: "The Big Three Killed My Baby" b/w "Red Bowling Ball Ruth" (TMR117) is a reissue of the decade-plus out of print only single off the White Stripes self-titled debut album. The A-side is Jack White's tempered screed against the monopoly of American auto companies against the accented thud of Meg’s pounding drums. The B-side "Red Bowling Ball Ruth" is exclusive to this single and overflows with AC/DC-inspired rock riffs. Re-mastered direct from the original analog masters!
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: TMR117 - The Big Three Killed My Baby 7"

Post by rsimms3 »

Catalog number must be wrong in the article, 117 is the Wanda Live DVD.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Re: TMR11x - The Big Three Killed My Baby 7"

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Maybe it'll be 112, so it comes right after 2* Big Three...

EDIT: D'oh, that's one of the John C Reillys
Last edited by grumblestiltskin on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patient B1003
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

The Big Three Killed My Baby" b/w "Red Bowling Ball Ruth" (TMR117) is a reissue of the decade-plus out of print only single off the White Stripes self-titled debut album. The A-side is Jack White's tempered screed against the monopoly of American auto companies against the accented thud of Meg’s pounding drums. The B-side "Red Bowling Ball Ruth" is exclusive to this single and overflows with AC/DC-inspired rock riffs. Re-mastered direct from the original analog masters!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

the tmr website says 117 and that they will be released 12/6/2011
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yeah, everything says 117 including the URP site. Guess we'll have two 117s.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

rsimms3 wrote: Guess we'll have two 117s.
The possibility of this happening makes me irrationally, unthinkably angry.
Patient B1003
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'm so happy to finally be able to get Red Bowling Ball Ruth :)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

rsimms3 wrote:Catalog number must be wrong in the article, 117 is the Wanda Live DVD.
the wanda dvd is 116
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

hxcoliver wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Catalog number must be wrong in the article, 117 is the Wanda Live DVD.
the wanda dvd is 116
Thanks for the clarification! Never checked the numbers on the Wanda package, was working off of the TMR catalog which has now been updated at TMR.com.
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

do you think there releasing a limited version of these ws reissues or not cause they kinda already exist?
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

hsp88 wrote:do you think there releasing a limited version of these ws reissues or not cause they kinda already exist?
funny thing is, i find that the "limited" version of these singles ARE the original pressings...
that'd be one hell of a variation for most of these releases if they decided to do a special TMR run of these.
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

hsp88 wrote:do you think there releasing a limited version of these ws reissues or not cause they kinda already exist?
They did colored editions for the RSD WS first 2 7" reissues.
It could happen again
but please no
Arran_Ramone
Little Cream Soda

Post by Arran_Ramone »

All these White Stripes goodies are great- This christmas is gonig to be a good one....
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

As you all may well know by now, December 6th we’ll be releasing four White Stripes 7” reissues. There will be 300 red/black/white Tri-Colors of “The Big Three Killed My Baby” and “Lord, Send Me An Angel” and 100 of each of these will be for sale in our Nashville store on the 6th. We won’t be doing Tri-Colors for “Candy Cane Children” as the limited edition red vinyl of this 45 was released last year with the gift set we offered and “Hello Operator” was released as a picture disc 45 with The Vault earlier this year.

On December 15th John C. Reilly will perform a special record release show at Largo in Los Angeles with Becky Stark, Tom Brosseau and VERY special guests. Friendly representatives from Third Man Records will be on hand to sell 100 Tri-Color copies of both singles but that’s not all...we’ll also be selling 100 copies each of the aforementioned White Stripes Tri-Colors as well as an assortment of regular Third Man releases and merchandise. This will include ALL of the new products we’ve recently announced:

· Third Man iPhone cases

· portable Revolution turntables

· 45 carrying cases

· vinyl cleaning kits

· assortment of new releases

Tickets for the show go on sale tomorrow and cost $25. A portion of ticket sales will go to benefit Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles.
If you can’t get tickets to the show, we will be selling merch to the public in the lobby of Largo for an hour before doors open. So even if you do not have tickets to the show you can still have a chance to get a John & Tom and/or Becky & John Tri-Color 45 (or other merch) for you and/or your loved ones.

FOR MORE INFO AND TICKETS PLEASE SEE THE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM LARGO BELOW

Hello Everyone,

Join Third Man Records, John C Reilly, Becky Stark & Tom Brousseau w/ VERY Special Guests at Largo on Thursday, December 15. They will be celebrating the release of "Becky & John: I'll Be There If You Ever Want," along with "John & Tom: Gonna Lay Down My Old Guitar." This will benefit Children's Hospital Of Los Angeles. Tickets are on sale now ONLINE ONLY. Click here to purchase tickets.

Thursday, December 15: Third Man Records Presents Record Release Show w/John C Reilly, Becky Stark & Tom Brousseau w/ Very SpeciaL Guests. Seats will be assigned beginning at 6pm, Doors open for drinks at 7pm, Showtime 8pm, Tickets $25.

For more detailed information about Largo at the Coronet check out our website, www.largo-la.com, on Facebook, or on Twitter. Click here for Largo's Seat Assignment/Will Call/Ticket Purchase Policy. Stay tuned for more announcements and thank you for your support.

Cheers,

Largo