Kirk Gibson Green Series

dunedin
Little Ghost

Kirk Gibson Green Series

Post by dunedin »

Calling all lovers of vinyl records! Purchase this package and get a ticket to see the Tigers battle the Minnesota Twins on September 24 plus an exclusive Third Man Records 7" vinyl record.

One side of the record is the song "Strike Out" by "The Brushoffs" - a group featuring Third Man Records artists Brendan Benson, Ben Blackwell, Dominic Davis and Olivia Jean. On the other side, Third Man Records founder Jack White interviews 1984 World Series Champion Kirk Gibson. This record is pressed in the Tigers colors (blue and orange) specifically for this ticket package and will not be available anywhere else. The photos on the record sleeve were shot by Detroit Tigers pitcher, Daniel Norris.

A portion of the proceeds benefit the Kirk Gibson Foundation and The Detroit Tigers Foundation.

http://m.mlb.com/det/tickets/special-ev ... O8TO1-G145
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Kirk Gibson Green Series

Post by Kali Durga »

Very cool idea, terrific promotion that brings together a lot of elements of TMR, Detroit, charity, and baseball. My fingers are crossed for a black vinyl release because it's a Green Series and it's been waaaaaay too long since we've gotten a new one of those. Would really love to hear that interview.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Holy crap this is awesome....time to put a plan into motion!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

Purchased a ticket this morn! Good news is you can still get the vinyl even when buying the cheap seats at $28 a piece ($36 or so after tax and such). I might not even be able to attend the game but couldn't pass this one up. Detroit born and raised and huge Tigs fan!
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

vandelpinkfloyd wrote:Purchased a ticket this morn! Good news is you can still get the vinyl even when buying the cheap seats at $28 a piece ($36 or so after tax and such). I might not even be able to attend the game but couldn't pass this one up. Detroit born and raised and huge Tigs fan!
Don't you have to go to the game to pick up the record?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:
vandelpinkfloyd wrote:Purchased a ticket this morn! Good news is you can still get the vinyl even when buying the cheap seats at $28 a piece ($36 or so after tax and such). I might not even be able to attend the game but couldn't pass this one up. Detroit born and raised and huge Tigs fan!
Don't you have to go to the game to pick up the record?
This. ^^^^

How do you get the tickets/record? Pick up at box office or the day of somewhere?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Yeah you get the record at the stadium...if you don't go ...you don't get it.
Last night was Billy Joel bubble head night here in STL....anything to get more fans into the stadium.
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

Yeah someone has to go, got a buddy who's going to do the honor of a free game and in return be very careful with my new 7" lol
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

How fun.
Not much of a baseball guy, but the interview could be interesting and the music sample I heard is great.
I'll probably get it on standard black.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

chaptertwentyone wrote:How fun.
Not much of a baseball guy, but the interview could be interesting and the music sample I heard is great.
Where did you hear the music sample? I'm curious about that tune, with that lineup.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
Where did you hear the music sample? I'm curious about that tune, with that lineup.
http://m.mlb.com/det/tickets/special-ev ... O8TO1-G145. Sample is at bottom of page. Surfy.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Aquamarine wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote:
http://m.mlb.com/det/tickets/special-ev ... O8TO1-G145. Sample is at bottom of page. Surfy.
Diggin it..
c0rpe
Little Cream Soda

Post by c0rpe »

I'll be going to the game. If anybody needs one and wants to work something out shoot me a PM. I'm coming in from Toronto so a little help with expenses would go a long way.
andyb24
Little Bird

Post by andyb24 »

Took a gamble they'd ship the record, just got my ticket today. If any kind soul wouldn't mind picking up a record for me at the game, I'll send you my voucher and ticket, 300 section. PM me!

Andy
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

andyb24 wrote:Took a gamble they'd ship the record, just got my ticket today. If any kind soul wouldn't mind picking up a record for me at the game, I'll send you my voucher and ticket, 300 section. PM me!

Andy
They will not ship the record. You have to go to the game and pick it up. The whole point of
The promotion is to get more people to go to the baseball game.