Black Friday 2016

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Black Friday 2016

Post by shaneoftheroad »

My local shop had at least 4 Racs when I went around noon.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Is the running order the same as the RSD release?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I got one for 18$ shipping included for France.
This is a very nice price.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

Picked up the Racs single last night. Record shop still had like 3-4 copies. I don't think places are doing that well on RSD Black Friday anymore. My main shop didn't even have a selection on Friday...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Coma16 wrote:Picked up the Racs single last night. Record shop still had like 3-4 copies. I don't think places are doing that well on RSD Black Friday anymore. My main shop didn't even have a selection on Friday...
Most people/shops don't really consider black friday an official RSD...not sure why...

Two shops in Woodstock, ON didn't even have anything because they didn't know about it...

One guy in London, ON said he didn't care because it was too expensive and not many good titles...
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

arewhyehen wrote:
Coma16 wrote:Picked up the Racs single last night. Record shop still had like 3-4 copies. I don't think places are doing that well on RSD Black Friday anymore. My main shop didn't even have a selection on Friday...
Most people/shops don't really consider black friday an official RSD...not sure why...

Two shops in Woodstock, ON didn't even have anything because they didn't know about it...

One guy in London, ON said he didn't care because it was too expensive and not many good titles...
I was talking about Kops Records. They usually have a decent selection but I was there Friday morning and they had 3-4 records, in total, from RSDBF. I do think that it has gotten expensive over the past few years, leaving many retailers with heavy overages. That goes for vinyl in general. Like, why the heck is Pink Floyd's The Wall 2016 repress $40??? Or RHCP recent album ~$35? Jack White acoustic is selling for $40-$50 in Canada. Prices have gotten insane...
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Coma16 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

I was talking about Kops Records. They usually have a decent selection but I was there Friday morning and they had 3-4 records, in total, from RSDBF. I do think that it has gotten expensive over the past few years, leaving many retailers with heavy overages. That goes for vinyl in general. Like, why the heck is Pink Floyd's The Wall 2016 repress $40??? Or RHCP recent album ~$35? Jack White acoustic is selling for $40-$50 in Canada. Prices have gotten insane...
Everyone trying to get the dough from the latest trend is what it is.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

In Canada it's always really expensive for the stores to get the records so a lot of the time they don't bother. I remember when Icky Thump came out my local guy told me to just buy it online from the States because it would be $10 cheaper.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:In Canada it's always really expensive for the stores to get the records so a lot of the time they don't bother. I remember when Icky Thump came out my local guy told me to just buy it online from the States because it would be $10 cheaper.
I got the Racs single from two different stores...one for $12.99 and one for $16.99. It was almost $20 for a damn 7" repress
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Coma16 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

Yeah, as I said in the message above, I paid $12.99 at one store and $16.99 at another store for the Racs repress. Almost $20 with tax for a 7"!!!!

I like Kops. I love going to Toronto so I can hit up them and Sonicboom. I think part of the issue with the prices in Canada is also our terrible exchange rate. I remember buying albums for $20-30 a few years ago, but they have all gone up 30% now... Plus, these big names draw big prices and RSD releases are "limited" so they put a big tag on them. Frustrating...

As you said though, with cheap prices online and so many bands doing limited edition releases for preorders or signed copies or something, it's just way more appealing than going down to your local shop, which is sad..
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

I love Kops as well. They're usually great and I don't fault them for not ordering too much this time around. Prices there are competitive as well. Metallicas new record is only $25 (selling for $30 at Amazon.ca). Rotate This is great as well but I haven't been there since they moved.