Icky Trump T Shirt

JonnyH
Little Ghost

Icky Trump T Shirt

Post by JonnyH »

New shirt up in the store. http://thirdmanstore.com/featured/anti- ... ex-t-shirt

It's a really nice looking shirt. Great quote selection for the back.

achouza
Little Ghost

Re: Icky Trump T Shirt

Post by achouza »

love this! ordering
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I can't stop laughing over this. Jack's righteous indignation is a beautiful thing. Even though I'll never wear it, I ordered that thing so fast...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

hahaha Good on ya', Third Man.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

i love this! why do all the shipping options suck?
he is everything i hate...
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Something about the timing of the denouncement of a Trump campaign rally using "7NA" during the summer and then this shirt being made for sale feels weird to me. But hey—I can be cynical sometimes, so . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Eh remember when record labels made good records?
houses are full of things that gather dust
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

woodisgood wrote:Something about the timing of the denouncement of a Trump campaign rally using "7NA" during the summer and then this shirt being made for sale feels weird to me. But hey—I can be cynical sometimes, so . . .
Well, it's obviously directly connected to their frustration the last few days over not being able to get that unofficial video that used 7NA to go away.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Listen.
Jack and TMR can do whatever they please with their creations, but something about The White Stripes and politics and not passion just seems wrong to me.
That's all I'll say about that.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I think passion is exactly what it's about, feeling passionate about a musical creation and not wanting to see it co-opted by someone else's agenda without their permission. Hence the T shirt response. It's not political at all, fundamentally, it''s anti-Trump, which is not exactly the same thing.
JakobGreen
Little Bird

Post by JakobGreen »

I think it's perfect. They didn't start it; they are just answering back. Right on them. Still a free country.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Aquamarine wrote:I think passion is exactly what it's about, feeling passionate about a musical creation and not wanting to see it co-opted by someone else's agenda without their permission. Hence the T shirt response. It's not political at all, fundamentally, it''s anti-Trump, which is not exactly the same thing.
I can certainly get behind that. :thumbup:
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

This has been added to the page in the on-line store--

"With the increasing demand of these shirt, please note that there may be shipping delays. We appreciate your patience and we will get these to you as soon as we can. Also, don't get discouraged if these shirts sell out quickly. We will be adding more to stock continuously so check back often!"

I can't wait to see these on people everywhere.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mbowers
Little Cream Soda

Post by mbowers »

Wore the shirt out today without thinking much about it. At Target and Home Depot I literally got dozens of compliments. To be fair, I am in Maryland. My kids (1 and 3) lived the attention though.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

mbowers wrote:Wore the shirt out today without thinking much about it. At Target and Home Depot I literally got dozens of compliments. To be fair, I am in Maryland. My kids (1 and 3) lived the attention though.
Can I ask what part of Maryland you're in? I get out to western MD a lot and there are Trump/Pence signs everywhere out thataways.

I keep debating whether to wear mine or not. It just feels... icky to have his name on me. But I am curious what sort of reaction it'd get. If I do wear it, I'll be glad I got a small. It's YUGE!