TMR177 - Carl Sagan - A Glorious Dawn 12"

Datch
Little Acorn

Re: TMR177 - Carl Sagan - A Glorious Dawn 12"

Post by Datch »

Aquamarine wrote:
Datch wrote:Now we know what that revamped logo was for. (the one with the letters TMR can't find the picture right now, it's on the left shoulder of the astronauts suit.)
It was the logo they used for RSD--I think this was originally supposed to tie in with that (the "out of this world surprise") but it didn't work out, for whatever reason.
A right that's where we saw it!
Maybe the wanted to show the launch live. I think somewhere I read they had planned a launch on rsd but it was cancelled and moved to a ddifferent date.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Datch wrote:
Aquamarine wrote:
Datch wrote:Now we know what that revamped logo was for. (the one with the letters TMR can't find the picture right now, it's on the left shoulder of the astronauts suit.)
It was the logo they used for RSD--I think this was originally supposed to tie in with that (the "out of this world surprise") but it didn't work out, for whatever reason.
A right that's where we saw it!
Maybe the wanted to show the launch live. I think somewhere I read they had planned a launch on rsd but it was cancelled and moved to a ddifferent date.
I think I saw something similar, too. The launch they're screening Saturday is pre-recorded, though--maybe the first attempt didn't work or something so they had to postpone it.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I like that it worked out this way. Record Store Day is so chaotic. And it really seems more appropriate tied in with the 7th anniversary.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

If sokeone has a spare copy and is willing to sell, please PM me! :)
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I like how all the newsies failed to do any sort of research and are reporting this as if it just happened yesterday instead of July 2nd.....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:I like how all the newsies failed to do any sort of research and are reporting this as if it just happened yesterday instead of July 2nd.....
The text accompaniment of this video report is my favorite so far-- http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-n ... 6227-story They overlook the "current location" of Detroit, which they were standing in, and make it sound as if Carl Sagan had quite a recording career.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

rsimms3 wrote:I like how all the newsies failed to do any sort of research and are reporting this as if it just happened yesterday instead of July 2nd.....
I bet they faked the whole thing just like the moon landing - another government conspiracy. They've got to Jack!
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I didn't do my research and thought the aftermarket on these would be miserable, but it looks like these will be relatively easy to come by. I'll definitely take one once the right opportunity comes around..
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

chaptertwentyone wrote:I didn't do my research and thought the aftermarket on these would be miserable, but it looks like these will be relatively easy to come by. I'll definitely take one once the right opportunity comes around..

yeah agree these will be easy to come by

The real gem here is and has always been the 7" cosmos edition, that is one of the few records I think will always be a big ticket TMR item. Jack has said its his favorite TMR record they have put out and it only comes up for sale a few times per year.
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I thought he'd changed his favorite TMR release to Leck Mich Im Arsch...
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Kali Durga wrote:I thought he'd changed his favorite TMR release to Leck Mich Im Arsch...
Must have changed back after sitting down and listening to it one day
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Record $30
Shipping $22
Import $21
Got a balloon though.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

Bikedo wrote:Record $30
Shipping $22
Import $21
Got a balloon though.
Did you get the TMR 7 balloon or the black one?
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Black.
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.