TMR 135 'Machine Gun Silhouette' Mislabeling

StoneBone
Little Bird

TMR 135 'Machine Gun Silhouette' Mislabeling

Post by StoneBone »

Hello all,

i've recently come into the possession of both TMR135 & 136, not being tricolor pressings - i thought they wouldnt hold much more than musical value(which i very much do enjoy). Soon after inspecting each copy, i came to find that the Sixteen Salteens Label had been mistakenly left out, and replaced with TMR136's Machine Gun Silhouette. So now i've got a copy of TMR135, labeled with 2 B Sides.

i'm curious if anyone has run into this phenomenon, and if so (fingers crossed) does is have any intrinsic value?

just another cool piece of music, or something more? Any and all help is appreciated. i'll try to figure out how to record a video or something, photographs are incoming for ye of little faith.
koala
Little Acorn

Re: TMR 135 'Machine Gun Silhouette' Mislabeling

Post by koala »

That's interesting. Although mislabelings happen very often with Third Man these days. There have been double b-sides labels or wrong side labels on RSD GBMS, the Elvis 10" and Vault records too, but I haven't seen them affect the value in any way.
I can't really be sure on this though. The more experienced people might be able to tell.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

It really depends on the buyer. Some folks really go for odd pressing errors or mislabeled records, but it's a very small collector community. I don't think it would be worth a ton of money, maybe $15 or so.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
StoneBone
Little Bird

Post by StoneBone »

Thanks for all the timely responses guys, really appreciate the help as I'm not super well versed in the ways of TMR, but still a fun find. Thanks so much!