TMR325 Timmy's Organism - Heartless Heathen

koala
Little Acorn

TMR325 Timmy's Organism - Heartless Heathen

Post by koala »

"Timmy Vulgar, Detroit’s favorite son, and most ambitiously amphibious creative force doesn’t need much of an introduction to anyone familiar with subversive punk music over the past decade and a half. He’s been such an irreplaceable figure in each of his musical endeavors since his emergence in such legendary acts such as the Epileptix and Clone Defects back in the late 1990s, right up through his shape-shifting efforts in the mollusk-like Human Eye and the prog-soaked Reptile Forcefield, and straight into his latest nerve-numbing scatterbomb known simply as Timmy’s Organism.”  — Todd Killings, Hozac Records

How can KURT VILE fans sleep at night knowing that this fucking guy is out there, ruling the universe? Seriously, Timmy Vulgar - makes everyone else look like a fucking joke. — Mitch Cardwell, Maximum Rock'n'Roll

Couldn't have said it better ourselves, Todd and Mitch. Working with Timmy Vulgar and his outfit Timmy's Organism means yet another dream come true for Third Man Records. Fronting some of the most original, compelling and unpredictable bands (not only in Detroit, but the world) for over two decades, Tim Lampinen’s work with the Epileptix, Clone Defects, and Human Eye has always held a rapturous cult following. Yet his work with his current trio, Timmy’s Organism, presents Lampinen (aka Timmy Vulgar) along with bassist Jeff Giant and drummer Blake “Bovver” Hill, ready for their close-up. With Heartless Heathen the group touches on their artistic and spiritual forbears of Captain Beefheart and Destroy All Monsters, while amply ramping up the slop culture rapture of classic punk 'n' roll like Chrome, Crime, and the Damned as well as contemporaries like Thee Oh Sees. There’s a reason why Lampinen won a $25,000 Kresge Grant for his work with his bands… he creates music that borders on art, live shows that border on theater. It’s high time the rest of the world take notice. Are you ready?
You better be, because the first single "Get Up, Get Out" b/w "The Thrill Is Gone" is available for pre-order TODAY, and you can preview the track at Stereogum. The full-length LPHEARTLESS HEATHEN will be released October 30th.

Heartless Heathen Tracklist:
1. Get Up, Get Out
2. Heartless Heathen
3. Please Don't Be Going
4. Mental Boy
5. Wicked Man
6. Back In The Dungeon
7. Weather Woman
8. My Angel Above
9. Hey Eddie
10. Wounded White Dove
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Re: TMR325 Timmy's Organism - Heartless Heathen

Post by PugFaceRex »

koala wrote:Image
"Timmy Vulgar, Detroit’s favorite son, and most ambitiously amphibious creative force doesn’t need much of an introduction to anyone familiar with subversive punk music over the past decade and a half. He’s been such an irreplaceable figure in each of his musical endeavors since his emergence in such legendary acts such as the Epileptix and Clone Defects back in the late 1990s, right up through his shape-shifting efforts in the mollusk-like Human Eye and the prog-soaked Reptile Forcefield, and straight into his latest nerve-numbing scatterbomb known simply as Timmy’s Organism.”  — Todd Killings, Hozac Records

How can KURT VILE fans sleep at night knowing that this fucking guy is out there, ruling the universe? Seriously, Timmy Vulgar - makes everyone else look like a fucking joke. — Mitch Cardwell, Maximum Rock'n'Roll

Couldn't have said it better ourselves, Todd and Mitch. Working with Timmy Vulgar and his outfit Timmy's Organism means yet another dream come true for Third Man Records. Fronting some of the most original, compelling and unpredictable bands (not only in Detroit, but the world) for over two decades, Tim Lampinen’s work with the Epileptix, Clone Defects, and Human Eye has always held a rapturous cult following. Yet his work with his current trio, Timmy’s Organism, presents Lampinen (aka Timmy Vulgar) along with bassist Jeff Giant and drummer Blake “Bovver” Hill, ready for their close-up. With Heartless Heathen the group touches on their artistic and spiritual forbears of Captain Beefheart and Destroy All Monsters, while amply ramping up the slop culture rapture of classic punk 'n' roll like Chrome, Crime, and the Damned as well as contemporaries like Thee Oh Sees. There’s a reason why Lampinen won a $25,000 Kresge Grant for his work with his bands… he creates music that borders on art, live shows that border on theater. It’s high time the rest of the world take notice. Are you ready?
You better be, because the first single "Get Up, Get Out" b/w "The Thrill Is Gone" is available for pre-order TODAY, and you can preview the track at Stereogum. The full-length LPHEARTLESS HEATHEN will be released October 30th.

Heartless Heathen Tracklist:
1. Get Up, Get Out
2. Heartless Heathen
3. Please Don't Be Going
4. Mental Boy
5. Wicked Man
6. Back In The Dungeon
7. Weather Woman
8. My Angel Above
9. Hey Eddie
10. Wounded White Dove

I'm down with this.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Heartless Heathen is one of the BEST TMR albums released EVER. Garage-fumes-huffin' psych-punk that kicks down well-worn trope walls and blows its mind all over your face.

It's sad to me this album isn't getting more write-ups/opinions/rants here. Love it or hate it, please post your opinions. I've been digging it hard more so that many of the past TMR releases. Hell, I've played it more than the new Dead Weather already . . .

Big ups to the myghty mynds at Third Man who pulled the trigger on this machine gun.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
JakobGreen
Little Bird

Post by JakobGreen »

Its one of my favorite new releases. Its raw and loud, good rock and roll..
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

woodisgood wrote:Heartless Heathen is one of the BEST TMR albums released EVER. Garage-fumes-huffin' psych-punk that kicks down well-worn trope walls and blows its mind all over your face.

It's sad to me this album isn't getting more write-ups/opinions/rants here. Love it or hate it, please post your opinions. I've been digging it hard more so that many of the past TMR releases. Hell, I've played it more than the new Dead Weather already . . .

Big ups to the myghty mynds at Third Man who pulled the trigger on this machine gun.
I hadn't even given this a try, but last night they uploaded a snippet of their new video being put out by Third Man on Instagram and I was very, very intrigued...
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

And just FYI: Unbelievably, the limited splatter is STILL available from Piccadilly Records. The shipping, converted from £ to $, is pretty much the same as shipping within the USA. (And note TMR were charging $30 for this, so the price for the record itself is also pretty much on par.)

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/prod/T ... 05838.html
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I need to check this out when I have a moment. He was so great at Devil's Night.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

woodisgood wrote:And just FYI: Unbelievably, the limited splatter is STILL available from Piccadilly Records. The shipping, converted from £ to $, is pretty much the same as shipping within the USA. (And note TMR were charging $30 for this, so the price for the record itself is also pretty much on par.)

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/prod/T ... 05838.html
Thanks I've been wanting one of those but everyone is selling their DN stuff as a set ! Ordered
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

woodisgood wrote:Heartless Heathen is one of the BEST TMR albums released EVER. Garage-fumes-huffin' psych-punk that kicks down well-worn trope walls and blows its mind all over your face.

I've had scant time to catch up on music for a few years now but I've at least these days got the capacity to do so (a working mobile carrier). This recommendation has been useful - thanks!