Elvis Presley 1st Single - RSD 2015 TMR-307

higherlimits
Little People

Re: Elvis Presley 1st Single - RSD 2015 TMR-307

Post by higherlimits »

Above mine too. I've put in a couple of online orders in the last month too.. was going to do another one soon too.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

The code is in the 30 March news story in the Vault "Offerings and Updates with Vault Subscriptions". Enter it in the Coupon Code field of the shopping cart.
Juanjo
Little Cream Soda

Post by Juanjo »

After not being able to attend RSD this year this just made my day.
This machine steals souls.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

thank goodness you were all discussing these new services in the vault - my subscription lapsed again somehow. Gotta get in on this vault package with the much more limited vinyl!
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

So happy to see this when i randomly checked the vault yesterday. it is still available how many were made?

how many need to be sold to make back the purchase of the original? :D
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

Gojikranz wrote: how many need to be sold to make back the purchase of the original? :D
300.000/20= 15.000 ...
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I'd be willing to bet that Jack's not terribly worried about making his money back on that acquisition. Owning that Elvis acetate is way cooler than owning Superman #1.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

ya plus I figure making these such close recreations costs a bit of outlay too, just being silly, though with the 7" edition coming which I will likely need to actually listen cause the only thing i have that plays 78 is a crummy crosley if he gets us all buying it twice could be a good investment indeed.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Datch wrote:
Gojikranz wrote: how many need to be sold to make back the purchase of the original? :D
300.000/20= 15.000 ...
You neglected to include production costs, that's the retail cost to the consumer. It's $300,000 / per unit profit = necessary number to be sold to be profitable
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

Alabama Woody wrote:
higherlimits wrote:I find it a bit silly that this record is selling for more than actual Elvis 78rpm records which are much rarer at this point.
TMR phenomenon
It's seems like it's more than just TMR. I see a split between older and newer collectors. Older collectors seems to go for first pressings while the younger generation goes for rarer variants, but of course that's just a generalization and there's lots of cross over.
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

gst510 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
higherlimits wrote:I find it a bit silly that this record is selling for more than actual Elvis 78rpm records which are much rarer at this point.
TMR phenomenon
It's seems like it's more than just TMR. I see a split between older and newer collectors. Older collectors seems to go for first pressings while the younger generation goes for rarer variants, but of course that's just a generalization and there's lots of cross over.
well as a younger collector I can say that I do not really get the desire of getting first pressing and the like. it might be kinda cool but really I can't get too excited about paying a lot more so that the matrix number on my record is a little different or something of the like. If I am gonna pay extra I like for there to be something legitimately different be it colored vinyl special packaging or bonus tracks.

I am also a TMR head though and really have not gotten into Elvis at all yet, so would never ever consider buying a elvis 78 before this release, maybe this will change after I get this though.
Last edited by Gojikranz on Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Gojikranz wrote:
gst510 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
TMR phenomenon
well as a younger collector I can say that I do not really get the desire of getting first pressing and the like. it might be kinda cool but really I can't get to excited about paying a lot more so that the matrix number on my record is a little different or something of the like. If I am gonna pay extra I like for there to be something legitimately different be it colored vinyl special packaging or bonus tracks.

I am also a TMR head though and really have not gotten into Elvis at all yet, so would never ever consider buying a elvis 78 before this release, maybe this will change after I get this though.
I think someone needs to create a "what kind of vinyl collector are you" poll. I'd do it, but I'm too lazy. Happy to complain about/add to whatever someone else puts together though. ;)
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
gst510
Little Acorn

Post by gst510 »

Gojikranz wrote:
gst510 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
TMR phenomenon
well as a younger collector I can say that I do not really get the desire of getting first pressing and the like. it might be kinda cool but really I can't get too excited about paying a lot more so that the matrix number on my record is a little different or something of the like. If I am gonna pay extra I like for there to be something legitimately different be it colored vinyl special packaging or bonus tracks.
That's a good point too. Younger people are more likely to be collecting albums after 1990 and if they're digitally sourced there often isn't much difference between pressings other than a matrix number, but old albums often do have significant differences including the type of jacket (gatefold, laminated, etc.) and who did the mastering.

I like colored vinyl as much as the next person, but could see it getting exhausting chasing the newest variant to come out as each year someone reissues the same album in a more limited number (which isn't out of the possibility). It would actually be interesting to watch Thirdman reissue some of the tri color single in a different variant and limited to 50 copies. :crazy:
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

gst510 wrote:
I like colored vinyl as much as the next person, but could see it getting exhausting chasing the newest variant to come out as each year someone reissues the same album in a more limited number (which isn't out of the possibility). It would actually be interesting to watch Thirdman reissue some of the tri color single in a different variant and limited to 50 copies. :crazy:
You mean like how I have 8 different versions of Elephant?
Gojikranz
Little Bird

Post by Gojikranz »

ya I try very hard to limit myself to one version of any given release (though like i said might have to get the 7" of the elvis) both for my wallet and my girlfriends sake.