TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Re: TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

Post by scoliosispony »

Kali Durga wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Just realized the new Jack picture will be the back cover, not the inner cover after they fold it. Top half is the inside, bottom half the outside with the spine separating the new Jack picture and the lenticular cover.

As for Jack replacing Meg, at least he kept the balance by changing the men to women and the kick drum from a woman to a man. Rita Hayworth?
Yes, he does think of those details. Rita to Gregory. Were they ever in a film together...?
In the vault chat Jack said Meg had a crush on Gregory, and Jack had a crush on Rita. That's probably the connection, because they weren't in any films together.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

scoliosispony wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Just realized the new Jack picture will be the back cover, not the inner cover after they fold it. Top half is the inside, bottom half the outside with the spine separating the new Jack picture and the lenticular cover.

As for Jack replacing Meg, at least he kept the balance by changing the men to women and the kick drum from a woman to a man. Rita Hayworth?
Yes, he does think of those details. Rita to Gregory. Were they ever in a film together...?
In the vault chat Jack said Meg had a crush on Gregory, and Jack had a crush on Rita. That's probably the connection.
Yeah, I saw that, too. Someone should have put the two of them into a film together, though, it would've been spectacular.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Just wondering - the other half of the lenticular cover is from the Blue Orchid b/w The Nurse single right? Guessing that won't be reissued.
Patient B1003
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

grumblestiltskin wrote:Just wondering - the other half of the lenticular cover is from the Blue Orchid b/w The Nurse single right? Guessing that won't be reissued.
yes, same cover.

why wouldn't it be reissued?
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Thinkfirst wrote:I was hoping that would be lenticular too!
Great point. A lenticular back cover would make this so much better and would fix the problem with Meg's pic missing.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

trickster wrote:
Great point. A lenticular back cover would make this so much better and would fix the problem with Meg's pic missing.
I thought this would be cool myself, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. On the printing company's Instagram, they were asked about it. They said only the front would be lenticular and that the picture of Meg on the promo wouldn't be incorporated into this version. And that picture has since been removed from their Instagram. I'm so excited to finally have GBMS on vinyl, but I am slightly bummed it won't include that great picture from the promo. I'm curious why Jack chose to recreate that picture with himself in it (especially, as others have mentioned, with a current picture of himself). Seems a little odd.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

pgharf wrote:
trickster wrote:
I thought this would be cool myself, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. On the printing company's Instagram, they were asked about it. They said only the front would be lenticular and that the picture of Meg on the promo wouldn't be incorporated into this version. And that picture has since been removed from their Instagram. I'm so excited to finally have GBMS on vinyl, but I am slightly bummed it won't include that great picture from the promo. I'm curious why Jack chose to recreate that picture with himself in it (especially, as others have mentioned, with a current picture of himself). Seems a little odd.
I had assumed it was because they wanted a new, never-seen-before picture for the promo, to emphasize that this is something new (his current retro look actually matches Meg's in the picture, more than a shot from 2005 would do). And I had also thought maybe both pictures would be used as inserts. But if they're not using the Meg picture . . . :?
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

Unrelated but don't see a thread anywhere. I'm seeing stuff about a big announcement soon. Wheres this coming from?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

From Jack.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

Kali Durga wrote:From Jack.
From the vault chat? What was it he said?
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

how many will be released and how many at TMR?

or does TMR not bother with this info anymore?
he is everything i hate...
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

The same quantity as most of their RSD releases "unknown".
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

elduderino wrote:how many will be released and how many at TMR?

Double the highest official RSD release quantity ??
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

Kaber wrote:
elduderino wrote:how many will be released and how many at TMR?

Double the highest official RSD release quantity ??
what?
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

Forty f*cking quid

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/91770

Rough Trade do sell at a premium, but I can't see this being less than £35 elsewhere in the UK.