TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

Post by Kali Durga »

chaptertwentyone wrote:I was just thinking the same thing, but I don't think they've ever felt the need to respond to news leaks.
The Lazaretto track listing was one example.
Though the Lazaretto tracklisting disappeared from the site where it'd been found shortly after it leaked.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Besides the colored vinyl, do we think the lenticular cover will only be available on RSD?
I hope not.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Kali Durga wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:I was just thinking the same thing, but I don't think they've ever felt the need to respond to news leaks.
The Lazaretto track listing was one example.
Though the Lazaretto tracklisting disappeared from the site where it'd been found shortly after it leaked.
You know what?
I vaguely remember viewing the URP "press release" for Elephant last year, and that had to have been leaked as well, no?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I can't remember. And they're sure to have lots of RSD event details to announce in addition to this release. However they may feel about this and whenever they intend to make the announcement, I can't stop refreshing the Vault homepage in anticipation.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aaaaand, the link's been disabled at URP's distro site.
koala
Little Acorn

Post by koala »

Slightly off topic but I have a feeling they're also going to introduce the Record Booth on RRS for RSD this year.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Well, this has been a long time coming.

Intrigued by the change in track order, wonder what the story is behind that. Artistic decision? I always sort of lost interest in GBMS after passive manipulation, so for me swapping Little Ghost and Ugly As I Seem might turn out brilliantly.

Also press release doesn't make it sound as if it has been mastered for vinyl specially...I seem to remember accounts of the promo sounding decidedly iffy (never had the privilege to check for myself) or as though it were just the CD master pressed into vinyl. Hopefully it sounds brilliant.

Unbothered in the extreme about coloured vinyl/lenticular covers. Get this to me on black!
Patient B1003
elenchufeblanco333
Little Bird

Post by elenchufeblanco333 »

Does anyone know if this will be available at the record store inside Coachella? Also what are everyone's thought of what will happen to the value of the GBMS Promo vinyl?
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

Does anyone remember what the SRP was? I remember it being about $37 or something. If it really ends up being around $40 I'll have no problem waiting for the black
carlbelvin
Little Cream Soda

Post by carlbelvin »

AJ123 wrote:Does anyone remember what the SRP was? I remember it being about $37 or something. If it really ends up being around $40 I'll have no problem waiting for the black
Yeah I remember think that was fairly high.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

Did anyone else see the lenticular cover photos before they got taken down? What are the images?
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

scoliosispony wrote:Did anyone else see the lenticular cover photos before they got taken down? What are the images?
GBMS CD cover and the Blue Orchid 7" single cover.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I assume it's the same as they used for the lenticular postcard set from the GBMS tour.

Edit: http://thirdmanstore.com/bands/the-whit ... stcard-set
Last edited by Jamie on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
scoliosispony wrote:Did anyone else see the lenticular cover photos before they got taken down? What are the images?
GBMS CD cover and the Blue Orchid 7" single cover.
I'm a little surprised they haven't done a lenticular cover with 3 images yet.
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »