TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

Post by Kali Durga »

HammerOfTheGods wrote:
Kali Durga wrote: I'm not sure how I feel about Ugly As I Seem moved up and stuck before Denial Twist. I associate that song so strongly with I'm Lonely that this is gonna be very strange.
I feel the same. Those two songs go perfectly, one after the other.
I kind of like the idea of it coming after Forever For Her but, yeah, having something as lively as Denial Twist after it will totally take me out of the mood that Ugly creates.

dreamover wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Technically, this still isn't an "official" announcement, seeing as how it's from URP's distribution page and not yet from TMR.
it's third man's distributor and pressing plant. why would they make stuff up? this is basically the press release that stores receive. this is to let the stores know they have to order it by march 12.
I'm not saying it's made up. It's just not an "official" announcement until it comes from Third Man. This is a scoop, not an announcement. Either way, it's damned exciting.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

BOLLOCKS
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
HammerOfTheGods
Little Cream Soda

Post by HammerOfTheGods »

HammerOfTheGods wrote:
Kali Durga wrote: I'm not sure how I feel about Ugly As I Seem moved up and stuck before Denial Twist. I associate that song so strongly with I'm Lonely that this is gonna be very strange.
Wait a second.... Red Rain is between those two, isn't it?
I play dumb like Columbo, and get my feelings hurt and move to New York like I'm Dumbo
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

HammerOfTheGods wrote:
HammerOfTheGods wrote:
Wait a second.... Red Rain is between those two, isn't it?
Yeah, but those three songs int that order works perfectly, at least the way my mind works. Red Rain is a reminder of the ugly things we do that leave us lonely.

And pacing-wise, Little Ghost works well before Denial Twist.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

What does it mean about preorders? Is that for record stores or regular customers?

I suspect a regular version will follow shortly afterwards? Similar to how black Elephant was released a little while after RSD version?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Coma16 wrote:What does it mean about preorders? Is that for record stores or regular customers?
It's URP's distribution page, so it's for their customers, which means record stores.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Aren't the promos in a different track order from the CD too? It rings a bell but it's been years since I listened to mine.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Jamie wrote:Aren't the promos in a different track order from the CD too? It rings a bell but it's been years since I listened to mine.
Good point! Discogs has the promo track listing as:

A1 Blue Orchid
A2 The Nurse
A3 My Doorbell

B1 Forever For Her (Is Over For Me)
B2 Little Ghost
B3 The Denial Twist
B4 White Moon

C1 Instinct Blues
C2 Passive Manipulation
C3 Take, Take, Take

D1 As Ugly As I Seem
D2 Red Rain
D3 I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ That looks the same as the cd.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Yes, I think the promo had the same track listing as the CD.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

Yes!!
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I'm just gonna wait for the black vinyl. I find the fidelity of the color vinyls usually just isn't as clean as the black vinyl. My collecting days at this level are over.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Besides the colored vinyl, do we think the lenticular cover will only be available on RSD?
Exclusive 3D Lenticular gatefold jacket
Then again, if they can mass produce the Ultra LP as the standard vinyl, I don't see why they couldn't keep the lenticular covers in production as the standard cover.

WELL, now we have our answer...
This limited and exclusive pressing of Get Behind Me Satan will be available at participating record stores as well as Third Man Records only on Record Store Day, April 18th, 2015, with a non-exclusive, standard-artwork, black vinyl release to come later this year.
Last edited by chaptertwentyone on Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Now that this news is beginning to spread, I'm just waiting for TMR's rushed announcement.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

I was just thinking the same thing, but I don't think they've ever felt the need to respond to news leaks.
The Lazaretto track listing was one example.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”