tri colors part 2...

elduderino
Little Ghost

tri colors part 2...

Post by elduderino »

...so i see that someone got a would you fight for my love tri color from the mojo chair this week? was a tri of this ever announced? i don't ever see that when records are released that tmr says anything about a tri.
he is everything i hate...
westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Re: tri colors part 2...

Post by westnashguy »

They haven't been announcing when tricolors are coming out anymore. It so happened that the day of Jack White's show here in Nashville (about a month ago), the 1st 30 people in line were given the opportunity to buy the tricolor. Of course I was number 60 in line. LOL I was the one who ended up getting it from the Mojo chair (for a bit of a mark up, of course).
Last edited by westnashguy on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Another question - have they changed how tris are manufactured? They have started looked like half/quarter/quarters over the last few releases.
Hyperbole used for effect!
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

mangry wrote:Another question - have they changed how tris are manufactured? They have started looked like half/quarter/quarters over the last few releases.
probably not fundamentally. Some of the very first ones are really good but they've seemed different here and there over time
westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Post by westnashguy »

mangry wrote:Another question - have they changed how tris are manufactured? They have started looked like half/quarter/quarters over the last few releases.
The Lillie Mae Tricolor looks different from the previous ones. They're not split an even 3rd. I think the white part is almost 1/2 and the rest is split between the black and yellow. Not sure why it's like that.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

The early tri colors were really nice looking. Seemed like they tried to keep the lines even and such. Then later on the lines were no where near as even and now it looks like half white and yellow and black share the other side. I love the early Dead Weather Tri's, so nice looking compared to the ones now. Possibly thicker too early on. Seems like it.

My favorite record of late is HBS. I would not mind solid colors or splits. I love the blue and the fuzzy, color coordinating label.

I'm just gonna say it, the early ones from 2009/2010 are beautiful compared to whats coming out now. Oh well. Still cool
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
KNARF
Little Cream Soda

Post by KNARF »

Alabama, you're too kind. Agree COMPLETELY. Definitely not "cool" seeing these tris figuring how limited they are.
I've not seen a single nice one yet. Sloppy-joe all around. I think URP hired this woman to make them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bHGb6eoZPI
"My sister thanks you and I thank you"