Lazaretto Roulette

westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Re: Lazaretto Roulette

Post by westnashguy »

wifiducky wrote:
westnashguy wrote:
wifiducky wrote:Got a RRS button and the icky thump usb drive!!!!
Not sure why my post didn't post. Weird.

I had asked if the USB drive worked and if there was anything on it. I was just curious.
lol it did post on vinyl roulette

LOL Oh, sorry! :lol:
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

So has anyone actually recieved anything even close to"the collector/aficionado's surprise of a lifetime"? It's not reflecting well on TMR when they tease a potential jackpot but just send buttons and pins to everybody, while a few threads up a dozen or so random people are receiving free test pressings from an anonymous donor.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Jamie wrote:So has anyone actually recieved anything even close to"the collector/aficionado's surprise of a lifetime"? It's not reflecting well on TMR when they tease a potential jackpot but just send buttons and pins to everybody, while a few threads up a dozen or so random people are receiving free test pressings from an anonymous donor.
Again, we are only a fraction of the people who buy from TMR....so we have no idea what has been sent out...
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I'm surprised there hasn't been any vinyl as the surprise bonus to date. I know that we are a small percentage of TMR buyers, but it's still a fair sample size of the larger purchasing community. CDs, buttons, USBs, posters, promo recycled record thing....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
trickster
Greek Mod

Lazaretto Roulette

Post by trickster »

I am following a post on a TMR collectors group on fb and I haven't seen any extra that was vinyl. The only cool thing was a laser cut promo from paramount box.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

I think the coloring book looks awesome myself....glad one is coming my way.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
garyuuk
Little Bird

Post by garyuuk »

RRS pin. The best part was the placement of it when I opened the package
B4qbqMkCQAERM-d.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

The colouring book would be cool, as was the slipmat. It sucks though that some people are getting items that aren't even a whole thing, like the guy who got a sticker sheet from the theremin set but no theremin to stick them to, or the two people who each got one part of the inserts from a Conquest vinyl.
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

I'm not disappointed with I received in my Lazaretto roulette, but I was expecting to see big scores from other folks. To not have heard of anyone getting anything rare/awesome yet is disappointing though.
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Mine is set to arrive today. I'd be happy with anything other then a button.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

garyuuk wrote:RRS pin. The best part was the placement of it when I opened the package
B4qbqMkCQAERM-d.jpg
I just choked on my granola bar.

I've seen two pictures of the coloring book on the FB TMR collectors page. Are there more floating around? That definitely seems to be the best item yet. Would be cool to know more about it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Folks, let's remember here.... You just bought the Lazaretto LP for $8.99 (55% OFF) AND they are sending you a free item. What is not to be happy about?

Yesterday I went down to my local shop and paid FULL PRICE (WTF!! I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!) for an album and he didn't even give me anything for free.. times are getting tough...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

That was just my reminder to be grateful for the things you have...I know, I am guilty of it too sometimes.

It's the holidays. Many people have much less..
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

arewhyehen wrote:Folks, let's remember here.... You just bought the Lazaretto LP for $8.99 (55% OFF) AND they are sending you a free item. What is not to be happy about?

Yesterday I went down to my local shop and paid FULL PRICE (WTF!! I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!) for an album and he didn't even give me anything for free.. times are getting tough...
I hope you went to Speed City? If you get tight with Mike, no taxes ever. Cash money, that's 12% off every purchase.
Ya I don't get the complaining part either,that's a hell of a deal... Just saying
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
Dr.Zissou
Little Acorn

Post by Dr.Zissou »

Not complaining but this was a promotion to sell records for cyber Monday. The promotion was buy the album for $9 and pay $9 shipping for a chance to win a crazy prize... I'm sure most of the people who purchased the album already own it. People are just disappointed with a RRS pin and I think that's okay, but it's a gamble so you know the risks but I think it's part if human nature to be disappointed when you don't "win"