Lillie Mae blue series

pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Lillie Mae blue series

Post by pgharf »

Announcement posted in the Vault:
Closing out an exceptional year at Third Man Records is a release that's pretty near and dear to us. It should come as no surprise to the TMR faithful that Lillie Mae Rische is a complete bad-ass and an all-around powerhouse of melody. She first joined the TMR family a little over two years ago and ever since--whether onstage w/ Jack White and his band or in the studio--she's been, how you say, delivering us from evil with fiddle playing so stupefying as to propel listeners into the jaws of heavenly awe. Feel me on this, y'all?

Here we have Lillie Mae Rische center stage. Her contribution to our Blue Series showcases two original songs, charming and plaintive, with the B-side hitting us with a story of hearts on the road, having to reconcile distance and desire. Meanwhile, the A-side is a gentle yet stern anthem about the sweet and sour circumstances of being alone. All in a voice that's sweeter than peach brandy.

Joining her are some longtime Third Man contributors Carl Broemel, Dominic Davis, Jack Lawrence, and local drum god, Whip Triplet.

The 7'' inch vinyl is now available for pre-order (for you guys) and will be made available in fine record stores worldwide on December 9th. Pre-order HERE. We are announcing this officially tomorrow, so if you can help us keep this somewhat on the down-low for now, we'd be so grateful!
nickboat
Little Ghost

Re: Lillie Mae blue series

Post by nickboat »

BOOM! That was my Monkey Band guess. Anyone else get this answer in? FINGERS CROSSED!!!
HUSTLE AND CUSS
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

We are announcing this officially tomorrow, so if you can help us keep this somewhat on the down-low for now, we'd be so grateful!
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

I kind of figured anyone posting in a collector's forum is already a Vault member...
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Of the 9 registered users currently viewing:
Registered users: Bing [Bot], chris_moore9, Google [Bot], pgharf, Sisa, SteffenR, Todd, trickster, Yahoo [Bot]
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Jamie wrote:
We are announcing this officially tomorrow, so if you can help us keep this somewhat on the down-low for now, we'd be so grateful!
I can make this topic invisible and bring it back tomorrow but I am sure that while I am in bed, someone else will start a new one.
It is a good thing that the preorder link as not posted.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
pgharf
Little Cream Soda

Post by pgharf »

Well, then I'm a jerk.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

pgharf wrote:Well, then I'm a jerk.
Nah, it's ok
At least we kept the link secret :)
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

pgharf wrote:I kind of figured anyone posting in a collector's forum is already a Vault member...
Every new vault announcement there are dozens and dozens of members posting that they will skip this one.
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Anyone else notice that the drummer is Whip Triplet? A new pseudonym for the man.
Hyperbole used for effect!
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

You don't even have to be logged in to your Vault account to see the announcement or pre-order. Plus, I don't normally go to the Vault, so I like when people post announcements here. Ordered this, the preview clip sounds promising.
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

mangry wrote:Anyone else notice that the drummer is Whip Triplet? A new pseudonym for the man.
http://www.allmusic.com/album/bathtub-l ... 63/credits
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

There hasn't been a tri in forever. The video said black vinyl too... Does that mean no more tris?
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

Think it was just stating that it's a vinyl single release. I'm sure we will see a tri soon.

SO NOBODY ELSE PUT THIS ANSWER IN FOR THE MYSTERY MONKEY BAND MACHINE?

Ohhh man... the suspense is killing me!!! :crazy:
HUSTLE AND CUSS
yolomanolo
Little Cream Soda

Post by yolomanolo »

mangry wrote:Anyone else notice that the drummer is Whip Triplet? A new pseudonym for the man.
I was reading through the OJ album credits and this name came up two and I automatically thought it was Jack White but then on this other song both Whip Triplet and Jack White played on the same song so there goes that theory.