Olivia Jean - Bathtub Love Killings

shaneoftheroad
Little People

Re: Olivia Jean - Bathtub Love Killings

Post by shaneoftheroad »

OK. Actually. I've been among the skeptics around here. BUT... "Reminisce" is an alright song. The pre-chorus bits ("She cries this time, I'm fine this time, I swear!") are kinda cute. If a random Blue Series artist released this I'd think it was cool. And that's what it's all about, I suppose. Is the music there or isn't it? And "Reminisce" fits in nicely with the Third Man catalog. I'm going to give a very timid thumbs-up to this project until I hear more.

Full disclosure, I loved the Black Belles LP. Loved it.
conordawson90
Little Bird

Post by conordawson90 »

About the Lavender vinyl. How many do you think they will press of this. Im going to be a first time visitor to Nashville on the 7th November (Just missing the halloween show, Im a little gutted) do you think they will have any of these left?
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

doubt it
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

conordawson90 wrote:About the Lavender vinyl. How many do you think they will press of this. Im going to be a first time visitor to Nashville on the 7th November (Just missing the halloween show, Im a little gutted) do you think they will have any of these left?
Probably 100, and very doubtful
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

conordawson90
Little Bird

Post by conordawson90 »

Dang thats a shame :(
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

They don't leave special releases in the shelf. If they don't sell at the release they tuck them away for special occassions. (95% if the time)
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Anyone else finding it odd Third Man is leaning more toward digital releases than singles lately? Lazaretto only has one wide-release single and Olivia Jean's A and B sides are both digital at the moment. I wonder if they're all just too busy to put out physical products or if this is the new norm.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

"Your Turntable IS Dead"? :?
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Anyone else finding it odd Third Man is leaning more toward digital releases than singles lately? Lazaretto only has one wide-release single and Olivia Jean's A and B sides are both digital at the moment. I wonder if they're all just too busy to put out physical products or if this is the new norm.
tDc, baby!
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

I don't think it's TMR's decision. They would probably like to release physical versions, but I've noticed a delay on pretty much all of the newly released vinyl I've purchased lately. Vinyl is at an odd place in the marketplace. Too much demand for current production capacity, but not enough demand to justify the extraordinary amount of money it would take to increase capacity.
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

cwja wrote: Vinyl is at an odd place in the marketplace. Too much demand for current production capacity, but not enough demand to justify the extraordinary amount of money it would take to increase capacity.
There was an interesting article about this somewhere on the internet the other day...if I only I could remember when...or where...
Patient B1003
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

shaneoftheroad wrote:Anyone else finding it odd Third Man is leaning more toward digital releases than singles lately? Lazaretto only has one wide-release single and Olivia Jean's A and B sides are both digital at the moment. I wonder if they're all just too busy to put out physical products or if this is the new norm.
+10
Last edited by luccamezz on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
scoliosispony
Little Acorn

Post by scoliosispony »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
cwja wrote: Vinyl is at an odd place in the marketplace. Too much demand for current production capacity, but not enough demand to justify the extraordinary amount of money it would take to increase capacity.
There was an interesting article about this somewhere on the internet the other day...if I only I could remember when...or where...
Is this it?

http://m.pitchfork.com/features/article ... -comeback/
i won't let love disrupt, corrupt, or interrupt me anymore...

dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Higher margin on the digital I suspect. #JustSayin
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

scoliosispony wrote:
grumblestiltskin wrote:
Is this it?

http://m.pitchfork.com/features/article ... -comeback/
Probably. I've read several articles which mention it to varying degrees over the past year. I remember at least one discussing RSD's role in delaying vinyl releases as well. It's one of the reasons I never try to convert anyone to vinyl. There are already too many people interested in it.