Third Man Books

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Third Man Books

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ I picked that up at the shop when I was there in November. Some very cool photos. I think my favorite is the one of Mick Collins without his sunglasses.

Holy crap, this is like the fourth time today I've ended up at the top of a page.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I do wish they'd give a few previews/screen shots of the interiors of their books. I'm interested in this one but at $40 I'd like to at least see a few interior shots . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

woodisgood wrote:I do wish they'd give a few previews/screen shots of the interiors of their books. I'm interested in this one but at $40 I'd like to at least see a few interior shots . . .
Seek and tou shallt find. http://thirdmanbooks.com/book/if-you-do ... tch-a-fish Don't forget to check out the little button called preview for even more inside.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

woodisgood wrote:I do wish they'd give a few previews/screen shots of the interiors of their books. I'm interested in this one but at $40 I'd like to at least see a few interior shots . . .
I had asked someone over in the facefuck group to post a few photos and they obliged. I'll copy and paste 'em here later.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Datch wrote:
Seek and tou shallt find. http://thirdmanbooks.com/book/if-you-do ... tch-a-fish Don't forget to check out the little button called preview for even more inside.
I think a lot of people forget that Third Man Books has its own site. They've also got a Twitter feed, but I sometimes wonder if maybe they need to get on Facebook, too, to promote the site a bit more.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."