A:
B: I Don't Get It

TMR065 Dungen
A: Fricke's Picks
B: How Swede It Is

TMR058 Thornbills
A: Can I Get Some Chicken Kiev
B: Do You Feel The Same?
Last edited by FreedomAt38 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rietveld
Little Bird

Re: Third Man Records Dead Wax Messages - Let's do this

Post by rietveld »

Tour edition singles have the same messages as the normal singles (disappointingly :roll: ):

TMR136 - JACK WHITE - LOVE INTERRUPTION 7" -

A: Nobody Duet Like Ruby Fu Do
B: Re: Re: Re:

TMR136 - JACK WHITE - LOVE INTERRUPTION 7" - TOUR -

A: Nobody Duet Like Ruby Fu Do
B: Re: Re: Re:

TMR175 - JACK WHITE - I'M SHAKIN' 7" -
A: Australia, figure it out
B: Fans of Lawrence Welk

TMR175 - JACK WHITE - I'M SHAKIN' 7" - TOUR -
A: Australia, figure it out
B: Fans of Lawrence Welk

And so on!
"Yeah, I look nothing like the kids in the videos"
A1004
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Wouldn't it be incredibly expensive to print a whole other batch of copies with different etchings, though (with the cost passed on to us)? Don't put ideas in their heads!
CourtneyBlush
Little Cream Soda

Post by CourtneyBlush »

TMR017 - Let's Shake Hands
Side A - RESCUED FROM EBAY OUT OF...
Side B - ... THE HANDS OF AN EXTORTIONIST DETROIT ENGINEER
"It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response."
berrylaura96
Little Bird

Post by berrylaura96 »

I'm so stoked I found this! I've always wondered about the secret messages on all my TMR records....So here are some of the ones I have that aren't on the list yet:
TMR170- THE WHITE STRIPES-DEAD LEAVES AND THE DIRTY GROUND - 7' RED VINYL- Side a-"THE HOUSE IS A MESS" Side b-"MENTAL OR AUTOMOTIVE"
TMR168-THE WHITE STRIPES-HOTEL YORBA - 7' RED VINYL- Side a- "AND IF I'M THE MAN YOU LOVE THE MOST" Side b- "RMD, THE SPACES BETWEEN MY FINGERS FIT YOURS PERFECTLY"
TMR067- THE WHITE STRIPES- HELLO OPERATOR- 7" VINYL- Side a- "PEOPLE CHEERING OUT IN WEST VIRGINIA (1971)" Side b- "PW KNOWS THE TRUTH"
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Jack White High Ball Stepper Labeled TMR-271 (wax actually says TMR-272-A-Re-1) "MOUNTAIN OF THE TRUE GOD"
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

TMR055 - THE DEAD WEATHER - BLUE BLOOD BLUES 7" - CREDIT TO STACY FASS / SHE SAID YOO-HOO

TMR056 - THE DEAD WEATHER - BLUE BLOOD BLUES 12" - FOR FIRST LINE GENIUS / LIKE A FORTUNE COOKIE

TMR074 - FIRST AID KIT - UNIVERSAL SOLDIER 7" - FEATURING DOLPH LUNDGREN AND JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME / I KID SIFT RAT

TMR128 - BECK - I JUST STARTED HATING SOME PEOPLE TODAY - TRADITIONAL NASHVILLESONG / LASER TAG AND CHALK OUTLINE FEED BAG

TMR137 - JACK WHITE - SIXTEEN SALTINES 12" ETCHED - A CRACKER PLEASE / GIVE THAT DRUMMER A RAISE

TMR141 - THE WHITE STRIPES - HAND SPRINGS - 7" BLACK & RED SWIRL VINYL (RSD EXCLUSIVE) - HAND SPRINGS 406 WILLIS / RED DEATH AMPLIFIERS = WALKIE-TALKIES

TMR152 - JACK WHITE - FREEDOM AT 21 - (NONE) / BEND MY BACK OVER

TMR169 - THE WHITE STRIPES - FELL IN LOVE WITH A GIRL - 7" RED VINYL - LEGO MY VIDEO / BY BUSTER KEATON

Also, on TMR020 it should say TO THE MAKERS OF ALL MUSIC...
Jimmy the Exploder
Little Bird

Post by Jimmy the Exploder »

TMR262 - THE WHITE STRIPES - SEVEN NATION ARMY 7'' - A : EH, SOUNDS LIKE TWO PLUS TWO - B : WHERE'S THE SLOW VERSION?

TMR263 - THE WHITE STRIPES - I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF 7'' - A : BY BOSTER KEATON - B : SHED JEWEL

TMR264 - THE WHITE STRIPES - THE HARDEST BUTTON TO BUTTON 7'' - A : ... BUT CALL ME - B : MASTER SILVERTONE

TMR265 - THE WHITE STRIPES - THERE'S NO HOME FOR YOU HERE 7'' - A : WE RECENTLY PRESSED THIS ON TEN-INCH - B : GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE
maxweidler
Little Bird

Vinyl Run-out Groove Etchings

Post by maxweidler »

First post, so sorry for making it a new topic, but these are truly fascinating. This discussion shall be a attempt to cite every etching that is on a lp or 45rpm, in the run out grooves. as a means to kick start the discussion i will list my 45s and their corresponding etching-
lets shake hands red vinyl bootleg- ITALY 003 A/ ITALY 003 B
Lord send me an angel, black reissue (TMR - 118) - DONT FORGET ABOUT TICKET AGENT/ WE DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT WAS CALLED AUTO TUNE
The Big Three Killed My Baby, black reissue (TMR-117) - INSERT YOUR MONEY HERE... GET IT?/ HAVE A DRINK ON ME
Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground, rsd red misprint (TMR -170) - MENTAL OR AUTOMOTIVE/THE HOUSE IS A MESS
Hotel Yorba,rsd red vinyl (TMR-168)-AND IF I'M THE MAN YOU LOVE THE MOST/RMD, THE SPACES BETWEEN MY FINGERS FIT YOURS PERFECTLY
Candy Cane Children, white vinyl (???)- MASTERED BY TRUTONE PA - 902 #63881-27769-7 A/MASTERED BY TRUTONE PA - 902 #63881-27769-7 B
---
Sixteen Saltines, black repress (TMR-135)- KNACKERED AND CREAM CRACKERED/SPRING TIME FOR HITLER
High Ball Stepper, blue promo ( TMR-271)-MOUNTAIN OF THE TRUE GOD
---
Steady As She goes B, black vinyl (63881-27848-7 A/B)- RACONTEURS B/STREAKY
Steady As She goes C, black vinyl (63881-27847-7 A/B)-63881-27847-7 A/63881-27847-7 B
----
Open up( That's Enough), clear yellow vault single, (TMR -243 A/B)- THATS TOO MUCH, GEO @ 3RD MAN LIVE :) !/ACTIVE, GEO @ 3RD MAN LIVE :) !
---
Paul's Not Home/You Don't Have To Be Smart, black reissue (TMR-179)- AUTO-EROTIC ASPHYXIATION/ NOT IN MIXED COMPANY
----
Charlene II (I'm Over You), black reissue (TMR-105)- NOT SINCE VATICAN II/HAVE GREATER CATHOLIC MINDS MET
----
Intimate Interview, bolt a trope issue (TMR-129)- SHE DOESN'T EVEN FLASH/STILL MARCHING
----
Get Rythm, black issue (TMR-187)- THE WRONG KID DIED/YOU SURE THIS IS THE B SIDE?
FredYidas
Little Bird

Re: Vinyl Run-out Groove Etchings

Post by FredYidas »

the_big_III
Little Bird

Post by the_big_III »

Hi all, this is my first post on the board. I've been collecting TMR records for a little bit now and just recently noticed the etchings myself. I posted on a facebook group my findings and someone lead me to this site and figured I'd share with you guys too since it seems to be more organized.

Blunderbuss A-side- "For Shame Dog, Shootin' Rabbits with an Elephant Gun"
B-side- "I'm not at Liberty to Say"

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground- "The house is a mess"
B-side Stop Breaking Down- "mental or automotive"

Sixteen Saltines- "Knackered and Cream Crackered"
B-side Love is Blindness- "Springtime for Hitler"

Sixteen Saltines 12" single- "A Cracker Please"
B-side Love is Blindness- "Give That Drummer a Raise"

I'm Shakin'- "Australia, Figure It Out"
B-side Blues on Two Trees- "Fans of Lawrence Welk"

Fly Farm Blues- "The Ribbon is Busted"

Hang You From the Heavens- "Giant Eagles...Tiny Elephants"
B-side Are Friends Electric- "Walking all Over Creation"

Treat Me Like Your Mother- "Baby Band-Aids"
B-side You Just Can't Win- "Red-Headed Hannah"

I Cut Like a Buffalo- Something was etched and scratched out then replaced with "Ernie"
B-side A Child of a Few Hours- "Mid South Dada Traditional Band"

I Wonder- "You're Welcome For Keeping You Alive"
B-side When My Man Comes Home- "Coalition"

Wishing Well- "Butterfly Tears, Crocodile Cheers"
B-side Ms. Black Boots- "Uggs?"

Two Against One- "You Gotsta Fight Fair"
B-side Black- "Not a Pearl Jam Cover"
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Jack Wood-- Born to Wander/So Sad, TMR-348A/B: "Breck has removed this from his dj box" / "Darn new robot"

Timmy's Organism-- Get Up, Get Out/The Thrill Is Gone, TMR-328A/B: "See if you can break it" / "Over your head"
Timmy's Organism-- Heartless Heathen, TMR-325A/B: "Godsmack album titles" / "Ultimate bonehead (they wish)"

Tamla reissues:
Marvin Gaye-- Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide/Never Let You Go, TMR-357A/B: "Science Con" (or "Gon"?) / "Shalubop"
Chico Leverett-- Solid Sender/I'll Never Love Again, TMR-351A/B: ""Rock and roll jubilee" / "I'm Spent"
Nick and the Jaguars-- Ich-I-Bon #1/Cool and Crazy, TMR-355A/B: "Owasso donut shop" / "Jim Warren's place"
The Miracles-- Way Over There/Depend On Me, TMR-356A/B: ""River ain't deep enough" / "You need a love like mine"
Barrett Strong-- Let's Rock/Do The Very Best You Can, TMR-350A/B: "All originals..." / "are pressed off center" (And, haha, so is the reissue! At least on the B side)
The Satintones-- Going To The Hop/Motor City, TMR-353A/B: "Shouldn't have been Tamla" / "ARP messed up"
The Swinging Tigers-- Snake Walk, part I/Snake Walk, part II, TMR-352A/B: "Slinky" / "Yes"
Supremes-- Buttered Popcorn/Who's Loving You, TMR-358A/B" "More butter" / "No one... yet"
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

TMR-334, Why The Mountains Are Black--

Side one: A TALISMAN OAK
Side two: A SENATE OMITS OAKS
Side three: OVARIAN TIES TO OAK
Side four: AGAIN GUITAR IKON ON OAK
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Haha! Jack apparently gets a shoutout in the runout etchings of the Detroit Cobras Mink Rat or Rabbit (TMR-371)--

Side A: Where's the Great White Hope?
Side B: And where's Jackson?

TMR 372 Life, Love and Leaving--
Side A: We lost a sailor and a lady boss
Side B: Teenage Mitch and Bee