TMR-245 Neil Young - A Letter Home

dunedin
Little Ghost

Re: TMR-245 Neil Young - A Letter Home

Post by dunedin »

On Popmarket again today for $74.99 with free shipping for Fathers Day sale.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Anyone who hasn't gotten it yet, should. The dvd is terrific and the book of lyrics and photos is gorgeous. I haven't listened to the record booth records or the audiophile copy of the lp yet 'cause I still haven't replaced my dropped turntable, but one day...
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Happyoldlady
Little Bird

Post by Happyoldlady »

This record is one of my favs from Uncle Neil, and favorite Third Man releases to date. Where does it rank to any of you among the many Third Man creative endeavors?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I like it. Pretty nice for $75, compared to what some things are selling for. I would have liked a nicer box for the 45's and a better designed inner box to hold everything better. I probably will store everything separately, not in the box. But the artwork and the music is ..... heartwarming.

Not my favorite TMR release, not sure you can even call it that since they did not sell it themselves. But they put in all the ideas and artwork I suppose, definitely did all the music. It is cool. I love Neil Young for sure.

I guess my favorite is still the all blue Blunderbuss Invert Lightning Bolt I got. URP slipped a few blue ones in there. Its a beautiful record !!! Paramount Box Set is a work of art !

I like the Sun reissues.

Lots of good stuff. The Ultra LP is a trip. Hitting the groove on the A side takes some practice !

They have done a bunch of cool stuff.

I wish they would do some more live shows, my favorite part. They have been busy I know. Maybe with summer coming on they will announce a show or two.

Call me a fan !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I think the Paramount set has to be my favorite TMR release to date, but this one is definitely in the top 5. TMR may not have distributed it, but they were so involved that it should be considered one of their releases.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Kali Durga wrote:I think the Paramount set has to be my favorite TMR release to date, but this one is definitely in the top 5. TMR may not have distributed it, but they were so involved that it should be considered one of their releases.
Well it still does bare it's catalog number (several)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

knoxvle wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I think the Paramount set has to be my favorite TMR release to date, but this one is definitely in the top 5. TMR may not have distributed it, but they were so involved that it should be considered one of their releases.
Well it still does bare it's catalog number (several)
So there ya go, Woody, it's officially a TMR release.