TMR-245 Neil Young - A Letter Home

avrate
Little Cream Soda

Re: TMR-245 Neil Young - A Letter Home

Post by avrate »

My Amazon.ca order shipped tonight. Considered dropping this, but Popmarket is mindnumbingly slow... Releasedate+ three weeks? No thanks!
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

avrate wrote:My Amazon.ca order shipped tonight. Considered dropping this, but Popmarket is mindnumbingly slow... Releasedate+ three weeks? No thanks!

Nothing from my amazon.ca order yet..

Popmarket is release date + 3 weeks? huh?
My PopMarket order is always to my house within 2 or 3 days. The only down side is that you always pay customs fees for international (outside USA) orders, so that adds to the cost, plus it was $50 shipping, so way more expensive than amazon.ca in the end.
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda

Post by fondfarewell »

Highlights:
- Sam the Record Man sticker. Neil is more American than Canadian by now but that's a nice nod.
- Starbucks cup and photoshopped Voss water bottle in the photo book. Not quite keeping with the aesthetic.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

fondfarewell wrote:Highlights:
- Sam the Record Man sticker. Neil is more American than Canadian by now but that's a nice nod.
- Starbucks cup and photoshopped Voss water bottle in the photo book. Not quite keeping with the aesthetic.
How is Neil more American than Canadian now? I think he would laugh in your face if you said that to him. He has vowed to not get an American citizenship and only keep his Canadian one. That guy is more proud of being Canadian than 90% of us that live here all year round..
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda

Post by fondfarewell »

arewhyehen wrote:
How is Neil more American than Canadian now? I think he would laugh in your face if you said that to him. He has vowed to not get an American citizenship and only keep his Canadian one. That guy is more proud of being Canadian than 90% of us that live here all year round..
He hasn't lived in Canada since the '60s. He's lived in the US for the vast majority of his life. Not really a matter of pride or citizenship, just time. Similar to how we consider Robert Goulet to be Canadian, though he did as well. (And for context, I myself am a Canadian living in the US...but not for nearly as long as Neil.)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

fondfarewell wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
He hasn't lived in Canada since the '60s. He's lived in the US for the vast majority of his life. Not really a matter of pride or citizenship, just time. Similar to how we consider Robert Goulet to be Canadian, though he did as well. (And for context, I myself am a Canadian living in the US...but not for nearly as long as Neil.)
That dude is Canadian to the core. Him living in the USA is more to do with his music than anything else. I think him refusing to get US citizenship says something big, and if you've ever read any of his books or read about him, it's pretty easy to see he is very passionate about Canada. He is also pretty active in Canada still when it comes to Government and other social issues. He definitely misses this place and speaks highly of it.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

arewhyehen wrote:
fondfarewell wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
That dude is Canadian to the core. Him living in the USA is more to do with his music than anything else. I think him refusing to get US citizenship says something big, and if you've ever read any of his books or read about him, it's pretty easy to see he is very passionate about Canada. He is also pretty active in Canada still when it comes to Government and other social issues. He definitely misses this place and speaks highly of it.
eh?
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

fondfarewell wrote: - Starbucks cup and photoshopped Voss water bottle in the photo book. Not quite keeping with the aesthetic.
For what it's worth, that Voss water bottle is also seen in the DVD a few times, and in the booklet you can't even see the name.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

About this Canadian topic....
He lived in Winnipeg for many years, if you look at the dead wax on the regular release of this album, it has his old address on grosvenor!

When big musicians come through Winnipeg it's a mandatory stop to see Neil Young's childhood home. It's almost an attraction!
He is as Canadian as you get!
Exhibit A : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXkZnAqKDYo
Look at his phone case!

He is a Canadian icon as much as general MUSIC icon.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

woodisgood wrote:
fondfarewell wrote: - Starbucks cup and photoshopped Voss water bottle in the photo book. Not quite keeping with the aesthetic.
For what it's worth, that Voss water bottle is also seen in the DVD a few times, and in the booklet you can't even see the name.
Neil talked about his Voss water when I saw him in January (in Canada since that seems to be the topic of conversation..) and he mentioned how everyone should be drinking out of glass bottles. That's about all I have to add though. My amazon.ca packaged also shipped yesterday.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
Neil talked about his Voss water when I saw him in January (in Canada since that seems to be the topic of conversation..) and he mentioned how everyone should be drinking out of glass bottles. That's about all I have to add though. My amazon.ca packaged also shipped yesterday.
My Amazon.ca order is out for delivery right now. I should have it when I get home :D
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

arewhyehen wrote:
higherlimits wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
My Amazon.ca order is out for delivery right now. I should have it when I get home :D
Mine's at home right now waiting for me... calling out to me... OPEN ME!!!
avrate
Little Cream Soda

Post by avrate »

arewhyehen wrote:
avrate wrote:My Amazon.ca order shipped tonight. Considered dropping this, but Popmarket is mindnumbingly slow... Releasedate+ three weeks? No thanks!

Nothing from my amazon.ca order yet..

Popmarket is release date + 3 weeks? huh?
My PopMarket order is always to my house within 2 or 3 days. The only down side is that you always pay customs fees for international (outside USA) orders, so that adds to the cost, plus it was $50 shipping, so way more expensive than amazon.ca in the end.
I live in Europe, used to orders taking some time to arrive, but Popmarket orders are always very slow. Beck pre-order arrived a full month after release, Ray LaMontagne three weeks. Canadian mail are very slow too, but usually less expensive. Custom fees on this will apply, but it'll still be less expensive than buying it from a norwegian store.
"Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old"
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

My two box sets just showed up..... I knew the second I said I really liked photo 2 and 3, I was going to get two number 1 photos.....Yupp....
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

For International members who ordered from amazon.ca, they shipped with UPS.

My order shipped yesterday and in a little more than 24h it ended up in Germany via Concord, ON, Canada/Mississauga, ON, Canada/Louisville, KY, United States.

That said, I think I am screwed. I didnt know this was being shipped by UPS.
Let's see how much will the customs taxes will be.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426