TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

koala
Little Acorn

Re: TMR-300 - Get Behind Me Satan

Post by koala »

bh1644 wrote:just so we have it here:

The 2nd picture in this one, the one with Meg in colour- anyone knows when/for what was it taken? Or is it newly shot?

I mean is it some shot from 2005 used in promotion etc then or is there a faint possibility that the white stripes were together again even if only for a photo shoot?
I may be getting too hopeful.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Hmm, looks to me like a colorized version of the first one (which is from 2005). Or failing that, a colorized outtake. I'd say the chance of it being a recent photo of Meg is zero, unfortunately.
jesxsmith
Little Bird

Post by jesxsmith »

Yeah I agree with it being an outtake from the same shoot. Unless no one aged and they were extremely detailed in the recreation (look at the cables curled the exact same way).
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

there are a few differences, but maybe because it was a photo not used from the original shoot. It would be nice.... She'd surely have to at least go in to sign paperwork to let these records out there?
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

I have such mixed feelings on this release...
Grim
I am everything you hate...
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

I'm just glad they decided to go with one red and one white disc. At least it will match the first three. Still not sure why they felt the need to have a red/black split for the Elephant reissue.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

cwja wrote:I'm just glad they decided to go with one red and one white disc. At least it will match the first three. Still not sure why they felt the need to have a red/black split for the Elephant reissue.
You have that backwards. The first 3 are splits and the Elephant is 2 solid discs.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

No, one of them is solid white and the other is red/black. The first three are splits, but they're single discs.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425479246.025293.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

koala wrote:
bh1644 wrote:just so we have it here:

The 2nd picture in this one, the one with Meg in colour- anyone knows when/for what was it taken? Or is it newly shot?

I mean is it some shot from 2005 used in promotion etc then or is there a faint possibility that the white stripes were together again even if only for a photo shoot?
I may be getting too hopeful.
The color picture of Meg has been around for a while, but I'm not sure when it was published.

Looks like I posted it in the Random Picture thread back in 2013.
rsimms3 wrote:Never knew there were other pics from this session, much less a color one. Has anyone seen other Jack pics from the GBMS album cover?

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
leem96
Little Bird

Post by leem96 »

What the sleeve is going to look like. Don't know if someone has already uploaded this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Meg has been replaced in both those pictures . . . :(
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Aquamarine wrote:Meg has been replaced in both those pictures . . . :(
Yeah, not sure how I feel about Jack replacing her in the promo photo. Just seems like she's being left out.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Grimtale wrote:I have such mixed feelings on this release...
Grim
+1
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

dylnfan wrote:
Yeah, not sure how I feel about Jack replacing her in the promo photo. Just seems like she's being left out.
I think it only looks that way in the cover photo (bottom right corner of that image) because it's the lenticular cover. You can see a shadow of her hair and the other guy's hat.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:
dylnfan wrote:
I think it only looks that way in the cover photo (bottom right corner of that image) because it's the lenticular cover. You can see a shadow of her hair and the other guy's hat.
He's talking about the inside cover, the photo of Jack and the twins.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom